Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using one to change the oil in their Outlook?

fumotousa dot com

I've used these on my last few rides, and they really help. Curious if anyone is using before I order one..

·
Registered
754 Posts
theres a post and pics on the acadia forum. a couple of guys are using it. I think they list the part # they use too.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'd be afraid of running something over in the road and it opening the valve :eek:hno: like it could ever happen.

·
Registered
201 Posts
6Sixathome said:
I'd be afraid of running something over in the road and it opening the valve :eek:hno: like it could ever happen.
That's why I run a Koehler EZ twist hose clamp on the Fumoto as a fail-safe. That said, I ran the Fumoto for well over a year without one on it too. :thumb:

Zero issues and peace of mind, easy access and still no tools required to open the valve.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
BigTallV said:
That's why I run a Koehler EZ twist hose clamp
I don't think I've ever seen one of those ???, got a pic?

·
Registered
201 Posts
6Sixathome said:
I don't think I've ever seen one of those ???, got a pic?
They come in a variety of sizes. Available at AZ.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Koehler-1-4-to-5-8-in-stainless-steel-easy-twist-handle-hose-clamp?itemIdentifier=862120

Can't recall at the moment which size I used, was either the size linked above or the next size up from that. I ordered two sizes (quantity of 4 to a bubble pack), but didn't keep the packaging as I gave the unused to my mechanic. Anyways, these work like a charm with the Fumoto as a fail-safe backup. At that, I don't think I really need it, I just put it there for peace of mind.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Somebody on the Acadia forum (?) did relocate theirs.... do a search over there for some more information. He did have some trouble with something, but did get it done.

·
Registered
754 Posts
yes- the acadia owner had to remove the oil filter adapter plate- and saw off the lip that drains the oil.
he then was able to route a secondary filter to the area right by the top of the radiator.

Though his system kept the factory filter and added a 2nd filter that filtered out much smaller particles. (for very long oil changes)

I think there was also someone else that added the filter relocation with just 1 filter.

·
Registered
396 Posts
IMO; the bypass filter mod is excessive as the factory filer (PF-48) is quite efficient at removing particles

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
AA/78U said:
IMO; the bypass filter mod is excessive as the factory filer (PF-48) is quite efficient at removing particles
I agree and I can see the warranty thing going right out the window.

·
Registered
754 Posts
2007OutlookXESilver said:
It would have been nice if GM would have designed the engine like the old 305 V8's or my Pontiac Vibe 1.8L4cyl. Both have the filter straight up and down so there is very little mess when removed.
the 3.6 in the Camaro and Cadillacs use a cartridge style oil filter.... no oil spillage. lucky them.
I believe its probably due to the engine being mounted front back instead of sideways like the Lambdas.
also note the relocation of the throttle body- the alternator- and an addition of a pulley on the lambda 3.6

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hey it looks like the water pump is the same and it's a good shot of it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I can also see what appear to be the cam position sensors... or are they called timingchain something sensors

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
rbarrios said:
I can also see what appear to be the cam position sensors... or are they called timingchain something sensors
If that's what's wrong with mine it looks like an easy part to remove.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts