Saturn Outlook Forum banner

GM buy back

38K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ls973800 
#1 ·
I'm very interested in purchasing a '08 loaded Outlook. The problem is I'm nervous because it's a buy back. Can anyone check the service records for me? 5gzev33718j223492. Asking price is 24000. Am I crazy for considering? Dealer is offering 1yr/ 12000 mile warranty plus the remainder of the power train. How much negotiating power do I have? Thanks!

#3 ·
Without a GMVIS report and a serious discount off retail, I wouldn't consider it. Contact Michelle here ("GM Customer Service" is the member name) and she should be able to run it and tell you what was worked on. Sometimes it's a matter of a picky owner and it meeting the technicalities of the lemon law, but I'd be very weary.

How many miles and in what zip code? $24K seems high for a buy back, but I don't know what the going rate is in your area.

BTW - According to True Delta, the '08s are the most troublesome.

#5 ·
Checking Edmunds, KBB & NADA, they all put full retail at about $24K (Only Edmunds asked for my zip, so the others may be for central OH). That's zero discount for the buyback, no sale in my book. I doubt they're going to come down enough to make it worth the risk. I'd want it at least under $20K and that assumes that the GMVIS report doesn't scare me.

To put it in perspective, 2 years ago I bought my '10 XR with 12K, certified for just under $30K.

#6 ·
salguod said:
Without a GMVIS report and a serious discount off retail, I wouldn't consider it. Contact Michelle here ("GM Customer Service" is the member name) and she should be able to run it and tell you what was worked on. Sometimes it's a matter of a picky owner and it meeting the technicalities of the lemon law, but I'd be very weary.

How many miles and in what zip code? $24K seems high for a buy back, but I don't know what the going rate is in your area.

BTW - According to True Delta, the '08s are the most troublesome.
Thank you for the recommendation, but unfortunately, I am not able to provide service history on vehicles. This is something that can be requested from the dealership though.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.