Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
We would like to introduce ourselves as the new GM Customer Service on the Outlook Forum! Yes, we did say “we.” To better address your questions and concerns in a timely manner we will now have 2 individuals as your primarily GM contact on this forum! We look forward to being members of this great community!
Sincerely,
Jessica and Kelly

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the intro! We look forward to our future interactions!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi I have a question and need assistance ASAP, just had my 2008 XE fwd outlook in for water pump replacement. My question is with the timing chain issue and and the Customer Satisfaction Program # 10287 and # 11340 Extended Timing Chain coverage, I read about this pertaining to the 2007 model year and would like to know. If also applies to the 2008 model year as well. I should mention that my 5/100,000 warranty was up jan 5 of this year ( Bummer, but the dealer offered 50/50 contingent upon performing some additional "recommended" services performed. Total so far
$1,350 approx. I realize I'm out of warranty but the car was just in for the wave plate issue just shy of 7,000 miles ago!! I felt I was over a barrel because I need the vehicle and still owe a little over $8k on the loan. The reason for my question is that the dealer called recommending a timing chain swap while the engine was out, another $600+ parts and labor, I'm not sold on the additional work because of the two items I mentioned at the beginning of this post. :help:

·
Registered
252 Posts
The 08 models weren't common to have this issue, but for that price and if you have the money, I would do it. IF it happens out of warranty, it is way more than that. There is sporadic 08 issues and they weren't covered by the extended warranty like the MY07/MY09 and the owners had to pay out of pocket.

·
Registered
45 Posts
medicrxdoc said:
The 08 models weren't common to have this issue, but for that price and if you have the money, I would do it. IF it happens out of warranty, it is way more than that. There is sporadic 08 issues and they weren't covered by the extended warranty like the MY07/MY09 and the owners had to pay out of pocket.
Just talked to the service manager at the dealership and he told me he looked up both numbers referenced in my earlier post regarding the timing chain warranty and software update and assured me i was covered. At this point i don't know how to take this. I haven't gotten the car back yet because they were still working to put it together. i guess without any further advice from GM it seems that's the way it will be :confused:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bigneef123 said:
Hi I have a question and need assistance ASAP, just had my 2008 XE fwd outlook in for water pump replacement. My question is with the timing chain issue and and the Customer Satisfaction Program # 10287 and # 11340 Extended Timing Chain coverage, I read about this pertaining to the 2007 model year and would like to know. If also applies to the 2008 model year as well. I should mention that my 5/100,000 warranty was up jan 5 of this year ( Bummer, but the dealer offered 50/50 contingent upon performing some additional "recommended" services performed. Total so far
$1,350 approx. I realize I'm out of warranty but the car was just in for the wave plate issue just shy of 7,000 miles ago!! I felt I was over a barrel because I need the vehicle and still owe a little over $8k on the loan. The reason for my question is that the dealer called recommending a timing chain swap while the engine was out, another $600+ parts and labor, I'm not sold on the additional work because of the two items I mentioned at the beginning of this post. :help:
Hi Bigneff123,

I apologize you are having difficulty with your vehicle and I want to help. Any type of Customer Satisfaction Program is specific to each vehicle, so could you please private message me your VIN, mileage, name, address and the dealer you are working with so I can assist.

I hope you have a great day!

Kelly J.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Jessica & Kelly,
I sent a private message to you on April 11th and was wanting to know if you had gotten. It is regarding my 2007 Outlook that has appeared to been bit by the transmission bug.
Please respond as soon as possible. I am waiting to hear from you before I do anything.
Thanks.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jimtownboy said:
Hello Jessica & Kelly,
I sent a private message to you on April 11th and was wanting to know if you had gotten. It is regarding my 2007 Outlook that has appeared to been bit by the transmission bug.
Please respond as soon as possible. I am waiting to hear from you before I do anything.
Thanks.
Hey jimtownboy,

Sorry for the delay! I sent you a private message a little earlier today!

Have a great rest of your week!

Kelly J.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
5 Posts
Driver information display

Do any forum members know if the vehicle mileage is stored within the speedometer cluster on on one of the vehicle computers?My driver information display (gear position,odometer,temperature) disappears after a varying amount of time.If I hit the dash board,the display returns for a short period.I want to replace the dash cluster with a used unit that has higher mileage than mine and will need to have the odometer reading corrected if the setting is stored in the speedometer cluster.Thank you very much.

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD with 35,000 miles.I removed the cluster and cleaned the electrical connector and plug to no avail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts