Saturn Outlook Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
:angryfire: WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just called "Reichard Buick/GMC" about my Outlook.

They are STILL WAITING ON A PART!!!!!

The camshaft actuator is on BACKORDER BECAUSE....you want to take a wild assed guess????

PARTS FOR SATURNS ARE HARD TO COME BY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTH!!! And to think GM really really wants to keep us Saturn drivers as customers.

HUMMM wonder what my friends who purchased the LAST Pontiac G8 will do if they need parts???

Guess they will someday be in the same boat as we are....without a paddle and far far far out to sea.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
297 Posts
Sailfish said:
:angryfire: WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just called "Reichard Buick/GMC" about my Outlook.

They are STILL WAITING ON A PART!!!!!

The camshaft actuator is on BACKORDER BECAUSE....you want to take a wild assed guess????

PARTS FOR SATURNS ARE HARD TO COME BY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTH!!! And to think GM really really wants to keep us Saturn drivers as customers.

HUMMM wonder what my friends who purchased the LAST Pontiac G8 will do if they need parts???

Guess they will someday be in the same boat as we are....without a paddle and far far far out to sea.
Why isn't it the same as the Acadia? The only part differences should be cosmetic, not engine!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Same engines in all lambdas----same part.
I think there may just be a shortage...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sailfish said:
You are going to love this one. They gave me a really used Buick LeSabre with 268,985 miles on it, yep over 200,000 miles AND this is the really funny part. The service tech when he handed me the keys said "Oh by the way the "service engine" light is on...don't worry its' the gas tank cap and we haven't got around to taking care of it". :banghead:

YEP I just roared laughing over that one...and said good one you have my Outlook in, which by the way you will be taking the head off the motor AGAIN, and you put me in a car with the service engine light on.
Remember the above...well after hearing about the "SATURN PARTS ARE HARD TO COME BY" I rethought the phone call. I called the dealer back this morning and told them that they needed to contact GM and have a rental COMPARABLE TO MY 07 OUTLOOK! When my husband returned from a business trip Friday night his comment about the 2001 LeSabre was....actually was...WTF! I am heading up there between 3&4 for a different rental. Will be interesting as to what I drive back home...or will I be hitchhiking?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
Sailfish said:
:angryfire: WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just called "Reichard Buick/GMC" about my Outlook.

They are STILL WAITING ON A PART!!!!!

The camshaft actuator is on BACKORDER BECAUSE....you want to take a wild assed guess????

PARTS FOR SATURNS ARE HARD TO COME BY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTH!!! And to think GM really really wants to keep us Saturn drivers as customers.

HUMMM wonder what my friends who purchased the LAST Pontiac G8 will do if they need parts???

Guess they will someday be in the same boat as we are....without a paddle and far far far out to sea.
My guess is they they really dont know what part to order and maybe just trying to throw some parts at it and hoping that when it's all back together, volia it's fixed! Maybe body parts for Saturns are hard to come by and thats it, they are all the same under the skin.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Oh here is a photo of the loaner replacement. It is the Buick sitting behind my trusty VUE.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Sailfish said:
Remember the above...well after hearing about the "SATURN PARTS ARE HARD TO COME BY" I rethought the phone call. I called the dealer back this morning and told them that they needed to contact GM and have a rental COMPARABLE TO MY 07 OUTLOOK! When my husband returned from a business trip Friday night his comment about the 2001 LeSabre was....actually was...WTF! I am heading up there between 3&4 for a different rental. Will be interesting as to what I drive back home...or will I be hitchhiking?
Yeah, I always hate getting a car no where near comparable to my Outlook. I put up a big stink one time and managed to get an Equinox, not quite the same...and could not move the love seat I planned to move...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
So, did you ever hear from GM? Did they correct the car's history? If not, the last they can do is give you the new engine they said it had. ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
salguod said:
So, did you ever hear from GM? Did they correct the car's history? If not, the last they can do is give you the new engine they said it had. ;D
Thanks for asking!

They said they will have to ONLY make a notation that an engine was NOT installed in our 07 Outlook due to "clerical error". LOL!

I will only know if and when I have a detailed history report printed off....down the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
Sailfish said:
Thanks for asking!

They said they will have to ONLY make a notation that an engine was NOT installed in our 07 Outlook due to "clerical error". LOL!

I will only know if and when I have a detailed history report printed off....down the road.
If you like; I can try and have your VIN run through GMVIS so we can all see the "clerical error" :sosad:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
AA/78U said:
If you like; I can try and have your VIN run through GMVIS so we can all see the "clerical error" :sosad:

I will take you up on that.

Send you the number tomorrow okay! I don't have the paperwork handy right now.

SOO MUCH THANKS!!!! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
Sailfish said:
I will take you up on that.

Send you the number tomorrow okay! I don't have the paperwork handy right now.

SOO MUCH THANKS!!!! :cheers:
Wait a minute................you haven't memorized your VIN............... :poke: j/k ;D
 
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Top