Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/06/08/gm-recalling-million-cars-hazard/

The recall covers the 2006-2009 Buick Lucerne, Cadillac DTS, Hummer H2; 2008-2009 Buick Enclave and Cadillac CTS; and 2007-2009 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, GMC Acadia, Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Saturn Outlook and the 2009 model year Chevrolet Traverse.

The announcement follows a recall in 2008 when GM added a fuse to the vehicles' control circuit harness to address an electrical short. GM, however, has received new reports of "thermal incidents" after the fix

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I wonder, will they remove the button to activate the HWF and make it look like it was never an option? If they dont will they issue something so future buyers know that this was done by GM as a recall? I think I have only used mine to see how it works, not for actual ice melting or bug removal. $100.00 is a $100.00 and it's better than a BIG screw you by the General!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I like this feature being in MN and all...think it's a problem to keep it?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bloc0102 said:
As is stands now; 5 (known) vehicles out of ~1.3 million had "melt downs" after the initial recall was accomplished. The only problem is; if you don't have the recall done and something does happen; you're stuck with it. On the other hand; I feel that the 5 vehicles had a parasitic draw which caused the wiring to handle more load than it should and this is what caused these systems to break. Of course this is my opinion that is based on theory and without a single fact. Take it for what its worth :thumb:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
bloc0102 said:
For the sake of being safe I'm just going to have mine removed and take the $100. I know up in MN I'll bet you'll miss it :'(

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
vindeezl said:
has anyone received their letter or their check, yet? just wondering. ???
Nope, no letter for me yet. When did GM mail them out?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought GM was going to mail them out Jun 14

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
AA/78U said:
I thought GM was going to mail them out Jun 14
Still pretty early then, probably a few more days knowing snail mail ::). E-mail would be nice :)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
No letter for me yet, anyone else?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't received the recall letter, but I called a local Buick dealer, took it right in, they did the work in about 20 minutes, and I received my $100 check within a week! Great service!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Prklinect said:
I haven't received the recall letter, but I called a local Buick dealer, took it right in, they did the work in about 20 minutes, and I received my $100 check within a week! Great service!
Is that Buick dealer your authorized service provider?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
6Sixathome said:
Is that Buick dealer your authorized service provider?
I would think any GM dealer would be their authorized service provider especially with this recall

1 - 20 of 53 Posts