Saturn Outlook Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Prklinect said:
I haven't received the recall letter, but I called a local Buick dealer, took it right in, they did the work in about 20 minutes, and I received my $100 check within a week! Great service!
They should have given you the check at the time of the service visit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Took mine to a dealership formerly known as Saturn of Metro East (Fairview Hts, IL) today. Mine was the first they have done for this recall. I got the deer in the headlight look when I asked for my $100 check. Service Mgr supposed to call me tomorrow. I used it all the time up here in IL during the winter. I will miss it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
a7888 said:
I got the deer in the headlight look when I asked for my $100 check. Service Mgr supposed to call me tomorrow.
:tard:

·
Registered
61 Posts
a7888 said:
Took mine to a dealership formerly known as Saturn of Metro East (Fairview Hts, IL) today. Mine was the first they have done for this recall. I got the deer in the headlight look when I asked for my $100 check. Service Mgr supposed to call me tomorrow. I used it all the time up here in IL during the winter. I will miss it.
I haven't even received a letter about mine yet...anyone else?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got my letter yesterday; smiled and put it away for now :thumb:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Must be a Saturn thing; sorry looks like you guys will be notified after everyone else :-\

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Talked to my Saturn dealer today and their SA just got the recall info WTH :sosad:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Recall notice in hand

·
Registered
20 Posts
What kind of stupid company sends out recall notices telling customers to take their vehicle to their Saturn retailer knowing full well that most, if not all, Saturn retailers are long gone?

Why not ADDRESS the obvious question that most customers will have..., that being that they can call ANY GM dealer to setup an appointment. It takes an absolute moron to write this letter and for it to go out without being proofread is more evidence of the state this company is in...

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Because Gm has specified specific retailers, all Chevy from what I know, as your local Saturn retailer/dealer/repair shop. It is easier to say "Saturn Retailer" than your "authorized Chevy/GMC/Buick/Caddy dealer". Plus it keeps your Saturn branded as a Saturn instead of a knockoff. I guess they could always address a letter to you as - Your now nonexistant brand of car that we can't mention because it will offend you can be serviced a dealer that we feel is better than yours but we wont mention it's name either as to not make you feel bad that your vehicle is not that vehicle.

They are trying to remain professional about the whole thing, you could too.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
khansen30 said:
Because Gm has specified specific retailers, all Chevy from what I know, as your local Saturn retailer/dealer/repair shop. It is easier to say "Saturn Retailer" than your "authorized Chevy/GMC/Buick/Caddy dealer". Plus it keeps your Saturn branded as a Saturn instead of a knockoff. I guess they could always address a letter to you as - Your now nonexistant brand of car that we can't mention because it will offend you can be serviced a dealer that we feel is better than yours but we wont mention it's name either as to not make you feel bad that your vehicle is not that vehicle.

They are trying to remain professional about the whole thing, you could too.
:clap:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Went to the dealer today and had the recall done ::). About an hour later it was done and washed. Looks like everyone else's, wires cut and taped, fuse pulled. Never used it anyway, I'll get more use out of the Ben Franklin!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
ponchonutty said:
I'm at a loss here. Do they remove the heater on all cars as well? In the instructions it sounds as if they may just remove the fuse?
All dealer's should be following the guidelines as set forth by the NHTSA; the heater module is required to be removed as part of the recall process.

FWIW; I have removed the fuse in my 07 Acadia but have not taken it to the dealer to have the recall performed

21 - 40 of 53 Posts