Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say goodbye to the Saturn Forum. We just traded in our 2008 Outlook XR, 107000 miles for a 2016 Acura MDX. I would like to say Thank You to all involved with this site. I have learned much from here and all knowledge that was given was greatly appreciated.
The vehicle was starting to show it age lately. The heater blower motor was starting to squeak, the rear heat would randomly come on on high speed by itself and it was starting to leak oil with spots showing up on the garage floor.
A little history on our vehicle.
Originally bought a 2007 XE in early 2007,silver( the dealer only had the floor model on site and had to get the vehicle from out of state), and traded that in for a 2008 XR, red jewel in October 2007 because it had more toys than the original model--Heated front seats, towing package, captain chairs in the second row, blah blah blah.
Repairs done on the vehicle;
Sunroof drain replaced or repaired under warranty
Headlight harness originally paid out of pocket but repaired and reimbursed from GM
Water pump originally paid out of pocket bur reimbursed from GM
Steering rack paid out of pocket
That's all!!!!
Besides oil changes, changing the brakes once and 3 sets of tires( they were practically brand new at trade in) that's it!!!! Unlike a few on this site we were fortunate enough to not experience the wave plate failure or other nightmares I have read about here.
I still say that the Outlook was one of the first and best looking of the new style SUV's that came out. I wish GM would have kept the Saturn brand instead of rebranding the Outlook as a GMC Acadia Denali(that vehicle is a spitting image).
Once again Thank You and good luck to ALL Outlook owners!!!!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Glad to hear your 2008 model was pretty dependable, especially after reading so many negative posts on the various forums regarding those model years.

The MDX should also serve you well. We had a 2012 that we bought new and loved it. Just wasn't used to the maintenance that the factory called for. Differential fluid change, transmission fluid change, trans-axle fluid change, brake fluid change, etc. Perhaps that is part of the reason some of the foreign cars are so dependable! Heck, GM's don't call for many of those changes until 100000 miles if at all where as the MDX was getting some of them around 20000-30000 miles.

Enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
75 Posts
How ironic, I was just checking in because we got rid of our 2008 XR and got a 2014 MDX that still has 75K of bumper to bumper coverage left and 5 years. We just couldn't take the new issues popping up, especially the AC working, then not... I also noticed new stains appearing on the garage floor so it was time to go. I agree that it was the best looking of all the Lambadas and we loved it when we first got it, but it didn't age well. Just last week I opened the hood and it slammed back down almost taking my fingers off, how does a hood strut just blow when it's rarely used? I replaced the trunk struts years ago when that came crashing down. We were fortunate and didn't experience the transmission problems, but had most of the others, leaking sunroof, water pump failure, loss of steering when driving through puddles, steering rack clanking and banging, replaced links, struts, bushings and still the front end made a slamming noise. Taking it in to the local dealer that took over Saturn repairs was a nightmare. It is a Cadillac dealer that treated us like peons that shouldn't be allowed in their service bay. And the quality of their repairs showed.

This was our 5th brand new GMC, and unless something drastic changes will be our last. Buying a 2 year old MDX is just wonderful, it's tight, better mileage and 2000 per cent better ride all around. It's a pleasure to drive, something the Saturn hadn't been in years, as I waited for the trans to give out and strand us. Thankfully it never happened, but added to uneasy feeling as we drove around.

I appreciated this and the Acadia forum, and fixed many things on my own because them, and shall check in to see if I can offer any help to those that follow, but must say good riddance to the Outlook itself and would never recommend a Lambada to any of my friends or family.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts