142 Posts
Yes!
My 08' is doing the same thing.
Tim C

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^Maybe a month ago. I'm thinking about peeling it off and hitting it with shaker can, or Plasti-Dip.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm going to wait for it to start peeling apart before I attempt anything. It's just one more thing I don't need on my plate right now.

mswerb said:
^Maybe a month ago. I'm thinking about peeling it off and hitting it with shaker can, or Plasti-Dip.

·
Registered
44 Posts
mswerb said:
Don't mean to sound dumb ??? But what is a "shaker can" or "Plasti-Dip"?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the same problem on my 07 Outlook in the exact place too. I've never had this problem even with much cheaper cars! I personally don't plan on doing anything with it especially because the bubbles are only visible on the parts that are covered by the hood. If it spreads then ill have a problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I replaced mine with a replica grille off ebay for $145, why it started peeling is a mystery to me, just like the rest of the issue.

·
Registered
214 Posts
danler said:
Don't mean to sound dumb ??? But what is a "shaker can" or "Plasti-Dip"?
Shaker can refers to a hand held paint can that you shake and then push the nozzle to spray the paint.

Plasti-Dip is a type of "paint" that is more like a vinyl or plastic coating. You can build up layers to get a durable, lasting cover in different colors and textures. Many use it to cover their bumpers, chrome, and even their wheels.

·
Registered
44 Posts
ls973800 said:
Shaker can refers to a hand held paint can that you shake and then push the nozzle to spray the paint.

Plasti-Dip is a type of "paint" that is more like a vinyl or plastic coating. You can build up layers to get a durable, lasting cover in different colors and textures. Many use it to cover their bumpers, chrome, and even their wheels.
So basically spray paint. Never heard of the Plasti-Dip. Thanks for the information ls973800. I feel the same way as everyone else and am going to leave it as is for now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts