Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh Joy, have an appointment with the dealership tomorrow to take a look at this.

This weekend, the Outlook (89,000km) started occasionally having hard, clunky shifts under acceleration. Then backing up the driveway (an incline), the vehicle was noticeably jerking, as if the clutch was slipping or it was not quite in gear. Less noticeable when not reversing on an incline. No sign of anything else happening up until now, no CE lights etc. Trans fluid seems fine, clear/pink looking.

I had nice streak of over 1.5 years going without a *major* issue occurring...doh! ???

Will keep everyone posted on what happens / the diagnosis. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So...the verdict is...definitely a transmission problem. The tech agreed the transmission seemed "mushy", could feel the jerky motion in reverse and the in general also noted the vehicle seemed sluggish.

They think the vehicle should be ready tomorrow provided parts (plural) arrive on time. Didn't get into details on what they were doing....I'll provide a write up of the work order when I get the Outlook back.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the outlook back just before the shop closed up today....so close to the wire in fact that they didn't have writeup of the work ready.

The Outlook seems much better, especially in the lower ranges - its seems more responsive - although perhaps that is just psychological. The gear changes are smoother and reverse is back to normal.

I'm also impressed they got the work done that quickly. I'll post back once I get some docs on what was done.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Received the invoice from the Dealer today (all covered under power-train warranty).

Here is the tech writeup:

Tech Cause: 3-5 wave plate was broken

Tech Comments: scan test no codes, remove trans disassemble, clean complete trans replace all wave plates, replace the input housing, 3-5 clutch plates, case cover, piston and seal, filter as per bulletin 09-07-03-012e. Reassemble install transmission. Check and adjust toe, flush cooler ([email protected] 3B5BE37). Road test all ok.

And, looking at the invoice, about $1500 in warrantied parts - 37 of them in all.

All in all I'm happy with the way this was handled and the repair seems sound.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Had my Outty towed for problem of no reverse and check engine light, riding a rental hopeful of return of my baby soon, shop seemed pretty busy with problems in Traverses and Equinox with this tranny once all work is done will post results. Just hit 50k when this happened after a labor day road trip, two days later this happened glad i was home when it did ;D

·
Registered
353 Posts
How did things go with your Outlook and the dealership, Bigneef123? I just wanted to touch base with you about this.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for asking Michelle. Picked up the customer copy of the work order and just as suspected based on the forum information the problem was the 3-5 wave plate, leaving me with no reverse and the check engine light symptom. Jon and Dave at the Broadheadsville Chevrolet Dealership were just fantastic. Despite being swamped with work they took care of me just fine. As i posted earlier I had picked the car up on Friday morning but couldn't stick around to get the paper work. This place may be where i shop for another vehicle when i'm in the market good service after a sale means a lot to me even though i didn't get my Outty from them they took good care and I like that! :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts