Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...

My passenger side LED lamp has just gone out on my 2007 Outlook XR...I think it's kinda strange something like this would go out at only 34,000 miles. Unfortunately I am out of factory warranty...is there anyone out there with knowledge on how to possibly get the part covered under some type of customer satisfaction warranty? LED's are suppose to last 10,000 or more hours. I know Saturn's are the "orphaned children" of GM yet why is something like this going out as early as it did? The dealer stated this would cost $127.00 for the part and labor.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mark, Madison, WI

·
Registered
353 Posts
jollygood4u said:
Hello...

My passenger side LED lamp has just gone out on my 2007 Outlook XR...I think it's kinda strange something like this would go out at only 34,000 miles. Unfortunately I am out of factory warranty...is there anyone out there with knowledge on how to possibly get the part covered under some type of customer satisfaction warranty? LED's are suppose to last 10,000 or more hours. I know Saturn's are the "orphaned children" of GM yet why is something like this going out as early as it did? The dealer stated this would cost $127.00 for the part and labor.

Thanks!

Mark, Madison, WI
I have read your post about your LED light going out. The best avenue that you could pursue is to contact other General Motors dealerships to see if they will do this under some type of goodwill.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
754 Posts
http://www.acadiaforum.net/index.php?topic=3177.0

http://www.acadiaforum.net/index.php?topic=7225.0

and pics of the glass removal.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/index.php?topic=7468.0

and thanks to S2Acadia on the acadia forum for this pic...
You can see that the LED lamp assembly appears to be held in place by 2 screws...and 1 -2 wire connector.
Knowing that I like to fix stuff-- I would test for voltage at the connector- and if there is but no blinking--take the mirror apart and remove that piece. well 1st see if you can get it by itself... (I see that online- it says its only available with the whole mirror assembly--)but Id double check.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Our 08 XR passenger mirror has an electrical short. It works 50% of the time. The Chevy dealer authorized Saturn service shop told me that the whole mirror needs to be replaced for over $500. UH! Heck NO! The way I look at it is like this. Many cars these days still only have front and rear bumper turn signals. Not many have turn signals on the mirror or side of the car. So if I get pulled over for a fix it ticket, I'll just say that 50% of today's cars still only have 2 turn signal lamps. Front and rear. So if you want to cite me, I'm taking you to court to appeal.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm going to assume that you are handy, you can replace the items yourself. My wife broke the mirror off our 2010 and I was able to find a replacement online and installed the whole thing myself, it is just a few screws and a few nuts, but you do have to mess with the door panel. Bought it online from a dealership for way less than 500 bucks, If I remember right it was 203 plus shipping, so about half, don't remember where I got it but, I found it just looking on the net. If you just want the led section goto www.gmoem.com and look up the part number, depends on the year and mirror you have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
jollygood4u said:
Hello...

Thanks!

Mark, Madison, WI
hello man have you replaced led lamp in the mirror? My lamp is not working so would love to get new one.. Can you share your experience to find right one? Please reply thanks in advance:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts