Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a used 2008 outlook ex
I went to work at 5 am and the headlights did not work at all , no low beam or high beam
tried the switch turned it from manual to automatic and back nothing not even driving lights i do have parking lights
and tail lights anyone had a similar prob or know what's wrong or what to check. i dont think that its the bulbs cause it would have had at least one or the other i think

·
Registered
154 Posts
outlook ex said:
just got a used 2008 outlook ex
I went to work at 5 am and the headlights did not work at all , no low beam or high beam
tried the switch turned it from manual to automatic and back nothing not even driving lights i do have parking lights
and tail lights anyone had a similar prob or know what's wrong or what to check. i dont think that its the bulbs cause it would have had at least one or the other i think
Well it would be weird for both to go at once...

You could check the fuses - there is one for each of the left and right hi and low beams in the "pain in the rear" fuse box located inconveniently underneath the right hand side of the glovebox. I've linked a fuse diagram to help you find the right one: http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/molurch/2012-01-14_193101_vue.png

I would pull one of them and purchase the same type of fuse at your local auto store or gm dealer. Then replace with the new fuse and see if this makes a difference. If not...I would suggest removing the fender liner and replacing one of the headlights to see if that is the issue.

·
Registered
154 Posts
outlook ex said:
Thanks i'll give a try and will repost when i get a chance to do the job hopefully by Friday
Just to clarify my other post about removing the fender liner - to get at the headlights, you only need to remove a few of the fasteners on the liner. One you have a few of them off closest to the headlight you should be able to stick your hand inside the liner and reach for the circular piece that holds the bulb and socket - twist that and you should have access to the bulb. There are other DIY posts in this board that describe this procedure in more detail if you use the SEARCH function in the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts