Saturn Outlook Forum banner

241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
medicrxdoc said:
I was asking about HID headlights cause they aren't part of the service campaign for the wiring harness.
Sorry don't know what HID means. There the headlights that came with the vehicle when we purchased it new. Thanks for responding and hoping for a fix tomorrow.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I can understand your frustration. Please, send me a private message with the VIN of your Outlook and I will be happy to research recall information.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
4 Posts
medicrxdoc said:
I was asking about HID headlights cause they aren't part of the service campaign for the wiring harness.
Medic I want to thank you for your replies and I now know that a HID headlight is expensive. Your right they are not part of the service campaign. My late husband bought me my 2007 pearl white Outlook fully loaded and I have no clue as to really what things are, but the most important is that I love this SUV. With it's seating capicity I can fit all my grandchildren for road trips ;D Even though I thought about down sizing and using it as a trade-in with the price of gas I've decided to just buy a smaller SUV and keep my Outlook for special times.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss of your husband.

I have a beast of a Ford Excursion for long trips with the kids and use my Acadia for normal daily use. These are wonderful vehicles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,
Earlier this year I was having some work done on my '09 Outlook and the dealer says "oh yah, there's a maintenance bulletin on your headlights and we're going to take care of it."
Since then I kept thinking my lights were less bright but never looked into it. Now I've figured out that the b*st*rds just put lower power headlamps in the sockets to reduce heat and the melting problem. Thanks alot. I think I'll play the bipolar schitzo act on whoever answers the phone.

If anybody is still reading.. is there an LED conversion kit for the low beams on this model?

·
Registered
1 Posts
headlamp wiring harness recall

i have an 08 saturn outlook and since i got the car i have been replacing the same bulb. then in May i tried to replace the bulb and it didnt work so we checked the wires and they were melted. i replaced the end of the wire harness that the bulbs plug into and they still dont work. i have a car i cant drive in the dark. very frustrated i called a saturn and they want me to pay over 200 dollars just to have them look at it. this is so not fair if there is a recall why do i have to pay.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Check the headlight fuses. I believe the recall has expired.

Try contacting the GM Agent on this forum here.

Expecting life to be fair is setting yourself up for even more frustration.

Good luck!

241 - 247 of 247 Posts