Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here!!

my question is... How do I remove the headrest from the second row?
I am trying to get the car seats set up in mine and I can't get the head rest to go up or down or remove.

Thanks in advance!!
Samspock

·
Registered
44 Posts
samspock said:
I am new here!!

my question is... How do I remove the headrest from the second row?
I am trying to get the car seats set up in mine and I can't get the head rest to go up or down or remove.

Thanks in advance!!
Samspock
The second row headrests do not move.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
This was one of my early complaints as well. Your best bet is to recline the second row as much as possible to facilitate a slightly better carseat fit. Although this is not an ideal solution, it's at least serviceable. If you own an Outlook/Acadia/Enclave and have not yet purchased a child seat, be SURE to take the demo model out of the store to make sure it will fit. The non-removable headrests really do interfere with some designs.

admin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Found this info on Edmunds.com on removing the rear headrests. Haven't tried it, though.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/[email protected]@.efcecf4/2187

"1) under headrest are two metal posts each shaft goes into a black plastic grommet.

2) Easier with cloth, but can be done with leather if nervous try on dealer demo and teach them as well. Facing the headrest tackle one post then another.

3) Gently push fabric/leather down metal shaft till you can see a tiny metal c-clip. One might have to tug it side to side to get the clip trough the hole cause clip is larger than the hole. It fits into an indent on the "left edge only" of each post. The clip can spin freely. It is hard to push fabric/stuffing down all this way maybe 3". Use free hand if you have one to open up c-clip with one finger and prop the side up slightly over indent. Now the other side is done with slightly less room to get in there. When you release the other shaft the rest should easily pop out. The flashlight helps you see what is happening unless you got the dual sunroofs.

4) now you can store it in the back or turn it around but it does not now firmly affix because the indents are on the wrong side and the padding doesn't let it insert all the way in. The car seat fits much better now."

Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a car seat in my 08 and use the seatbelt with the I think the "tite-right" buckle, and even the car seat hooks. What I did for the headrest is just forced the car seat's back latch through the bottom of the headrest, It didn't hurt anything and it is much better than going over the headrest. However, if the car seat is the bigger one, (roughly for a 1 year old or older) get the "tite-right" buckle tightner. It is amazing. And you wouldn't even need to use the car seat strap belts. You can find them at ToysRus for about $15. Might be a different name though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I yanked my headrest off for the car seat. I didn't realize I was doing anything special. I just pulled pretty hard until it came out. Now, I don't know if it will go back in, haven't tried since the kid always sits there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts