Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I recently bought my wife a 2008 Pearl White XR and besides the basics of xr it did not come with many options. Below is a list of things I would like to buy and I would love anyone to chime in if you have suggestions or advice. I have always been one to upgrade anything I own, so I have to do something especially since it will be over a year before I have another car for myself.
-upgrade headlights and interior lights
-Nav/dvd/built in bluetooth head unit (most likely something from Best Buy. Also why does it state some do not fit? Is 5.8" the max?)
-overhead dvd player for kids
-trade the factory rims for a chrome set
-Replace the tacky woodgrain trim for dark cherry
-install tow package
-running boards so the littles ones can climb in
-rubber or plastic covering that covers trunk plus third row seat back
Not in any particular order just doing it all over time.

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nice :thumb: that color looks great. Your upgrade list is extensive and may be a little expensive. I noticed you put down tow package; this one could be a little trouble. I would suggest you search this forum for info concerning this and all your upgrades. Good luck and welcome :thumb:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Looks good :thumb: When you bought it did you happen to get a list of the maintenance that has been done and/or reaclls?, how many miles are on it? I see someone "blacked out" the Saturn emblem :thumb: Post pics as you get your list done so we can see.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will do the mods over time and I have money coming in from taxes and selling the old family car and my bike. I am going to take it to gmc dealership so they can look it up and make sure the recalls have been done. It only has 39k miles. I forgot to add integrated back up camera with head unit. One day I even want to attempt the heads up display. Is anyone else mad that they can't configure the onstar app for us?

·
Registered
396 Posts
mawren said:
One day I even want to attempt the heads up display.
Now that will be a major undertaking; I'm not sure you could even buy the unit unless you pulled one from a wrecked Acadia

mawren said:
Is anyone else mad that they can't configure the onstar app for us?
I am; just got an iPhone 3G S and would love to use the Onstar app :banghead:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AA/78U said:
Now that will be a major undertaking; I'm not sure you could even buy the unit unless you pulled one from a wrecked Acadia

I am; just got an iPhone 3G S and would love to use the Onstar app :banghead:
I have the 3GS and I'm sure even if we could use it it would be compatible just like Netflix and others that require the 4 to really use them. Stupid people.
If I have learned anything in the modification world anything is possible as ling as you got the cash. That being said I dont!

·
Registered
396 Posts
You're right; money can make a lot of things possible. I think it would be very cool for an Outlook to have a HUD :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts