Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to stay calm which right now is a bit difficult. Started having the electical and leakage problems that so many Outlooks have so I took it to Ron Carter GM dealership where I bought it. Over $4000 of problems from the headliner drain situation, the mildewy carpet, etc, and now an ECM that has to be replaced due to the leaking. I owe over $10,000 on this vehicle that is currently molding in my driveway. Contacted GM customer srrvice and they will give me $2000 to buy a new vehicle of course the remaining balance on my Outlook would just be added to it. And I can find no description of where the dad gum ECM even is to see about replacing it. I feel like I am drowning in my leaky car. And the sad thing is until about 5 weeks ago after two hard freezes and the trouble beginning, I loved my car. It is perfect for my family. so if someone can help me I would appreciate greatly.

·
Registered
754 Posts
hmmm.. looking at your link...

emission control system... ECM.

I think the issue is the

Engine Control Module...ECM that I think is inside the vehicle--- and thus has been damaged by the water that got in....

·
Registered
754 Posts
hmmmm-- appears they are the same thing... from stuff im seeing online.

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same happen to me in California during a few flooding storms in 2012. It fell under my insurance to fix. They never knew where the leak was coming from. They resealed the back window and cleared the drainage on the roof. I got mold in my carpets too, which was replaced. Water was coming in everywhere, even through the airbag locations on the driver and passenger side. My whole electrical was shot and the panel was replaced. If you can get it covered by your insurance from storm damage, I would go that route. I hope I helped a little... :)

07 outlook

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just had the same issue with leaking in my wife's outlook I took out the fuse panel behind the glove box and took it aprt dried everything out cleaned all the bad contacts with a emery board and replaced the fuses that were messed up and two dats later everything is working correctly I will post if anything changes.

Todd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts