Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many issues with this 2008 Outlook through out the years, at 35k we had the timing chains replaced.......fast forward an additional 60k and they need to be replaced again!!!!!!!! :angryfire: This vehicle is a piece of crap, nice to look at but it's just a money pit.......Two sets of chains at less than 100k, really GM?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So the dealer calls the wife and tells her they see it all the time with the Cadillacs, sometimes three (3) times :confused: I' mean come on who the **** builds a malfunctioning vehicle and not stand behind their craftsmanship :eek:hno:.......oh yeah, GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
kingtony,

We apologize for the frustrations associated with repeat repairs. As stated in our private message, we will be working with your dealership to see if there's any assistance we can offer. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns in the meantime.

Regards,

Geoff G.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
754 Posts
it sounds like the initial repair was done with New Old stock.
replacement chains with the same problems... before it became widely understood.

that and possibly coupled with long oil change intervals?

Now they sell updated parts in complete kits--- not just the chain.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rbarrios said:
it sounds like the initial repair was done with New Old stock.
replacement chains with the same problems... before it became widely understood.

that and possibly coupled with long oil change intervals?

Now they sell updated parts in complete kits--- not just the chain.
Thanks for the update rbarrios, it just baffles me that you would replace junk with the same junk, then turn a blind eye on you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GM Customer Care said:
kingtony,

We apologize for the frustrations associated with repeat repairs. As stated in our private message, we will be working with your dealership to see if there's any assistance we can offer. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns in the meantime.

Regards,

Geoff G.
GM Customer Care
Thanks for your support Geoff

·
Registered
214 Posts
kingtony said:
So many issues with this 2008 Outlook through out the years, at 35k we had the timing chains replaced.......fast forward an additional 60k and they need to be replaced again!!!!!!!! :angryfire: This vehicle is a piece of crap, nice to look at but it's just a money pit.......Two sets of chains at less than 100k, really GM?
I know GM has issued a special warranty for the timing chains, covering the vehicle for 10 years or 120000 miles. For reasons only known (or even unknown) to GM, your 2008 model is not covered. However, the 2007 and 2009 models are! I would call GM or at least start with the GM rep here and see what can be run up the flag pole and how high it can go. Good luck!

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM422873/CSC-10043857-8394.pdf

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ls973800 said:
I know GM has issued a special warranty for the timing chains, covering the vehicle for 10 years or 120000 miles. For reasons only known (or even unknown) to GM, your 2008 model is not covered. However, the 2007 and 2009 models are! I would call GM or at least start with the GM rep here and see what can be run up the flag pole and how high it can go. Good luck!

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM422873/CSC-10043857-8394.pdf
I ended up getting rid of the car on a trade, I'm done with GM products!!!!!!!!!! Good riddance!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts