Saturn Outlook Forum banner

Do you have a high pitched sound coming from your audio system?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• My wife never lets me drive the new Outlook!!

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched to see if anyone else had this problem and didn't find it, so if anyone else has seen this issue posted, please post a thread link.

I have an Outlook, with the advance audio package and NAV, and about half the time I'm driving it there is a high pitched noised coming from the speakers, and when I use the turn signal the noise gets louder, weird i know, but its the truth. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm listening to AM, FM, XM, or a CD, the noise is always there. If i mute the stereo the sound goes away. Most passengers might not even notice this sound, but if you are any kind of techie and/or audiophile it would be very apparent to you. My wife drives the car most of the time and she doesn't even notice it unless i point it out to her.

I wanna take this into the dealer to see if they can fix it, but i know the day I take it in the problem won't be there, and I'd rather they didn't start tearing the car apart unless it's absolutely necessary.

ANyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The only high pitch noise I get is when i park my car in the garage and turn off the engine. A high pitch noise is heard for about 5 secs or so, then it stops. Heard it the first day i got it. Wife had concerns, but I said it is probably whatever "new" technology is added to the car. I really thought it had to do with my HID lighting, but I was wrong.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I get a high pitch whine every time I get in the Outlook except it is my wife.... :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
eddie cee said:
The only high pitch noise I get is when i park my car in the garage and turn off the engine. A high pitch noise is heard for about 5 secs or so, then it stops. Heard it the first day i got it. Wife had concerns, but I said it is probably whatever "new" technology is added to the car. I really thought it had to do with my HID lighting, but I was wrong.
I hear it when I shutt off car for a few secs too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I get have same problem with the nosie. I get the high pitch noise after I shut off the vehicle.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I understand its normal but it is quite annoying when you park in a quite garage and have to walk past the front of the outlook to go into your house. I dread having to deal with this high pitch noise for the entire time I own the vehicle.
Key1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pepsikid,

Does the high-pitched whine from the stereo also occur when the Outlook's engine is not running (switched only to ACC?) Try it with the car switched to ACC only, and then in the ON position (engine not started or running) to see if it changes. Then also try the signals/blinkers in just the ON position (engine not started or running) to see if this affects it or changes anything. Does this only happen if the AC/Heater fan is ON, or if the Heated Seats are ON? I'm trying to determine why you only have the noise 50% of the time...is this related to some other function that is only used occasionally, etc.

This seems like an RF/Radio Frequency radiated noise coming from one of the electronics modules, possibly the BCM module. If any of the stereos signal or amplifier or speaker wires are laying close to this module or perhaps blinker relay, the wires could be picking up the radiated RF noise from the module or some other area of the electrical system.

You could also have what is called a "ground loop" or also a bad ground connection somewhere. These types of problems are getting harder and harder to fiqure out in newer cars because of all the electronics. Sometimes just moving the audio signal or power wires to a new location will eliminate the problem. Sorry I can't help more.

The other high-pitched whine when you turn off the engine is most likely the electronic fuel pump, though I can't say for sure as I don't have my new Outlook yet! :(

Good luck.

Billy B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts