Registered
44 Posts
Do a search before you post, there are about 3 threads on this. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
65 Posts
compnurd said:
Did a search, didnt find anything but thanks for your help
I can't find the alleged thread either. I've noticed the noise as well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the same noise on my 08 XR fwd....and can't find the thread either. Since none of us can find it how about someone who knows what it is giving us some insight....please.
Key1cc

·
Registered
69 Posts
I found the answer on the saturn fans website...see below

Re: High Pitched Noise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightOutlook
If yes (despite what some others have surmised), it IS your E.C.M. (Engine Control Module). People who are older (or for any other reason have less sensitive hearing for very high pitched sounds) may not hear it. Our Saturn dealer says it is normal.

Actually it's not the ECM, it's the TCM (Transmission Control Module). Actually it's a solenoid in the TCM assembly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
key1cc said:
I found the answer on the saturn ans website...see below

Re: High Pitched Noise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightOutlook
If yes (despite what some others have surmised), it IS your E.C.M. (Engine Control Module). People who are older (or for any other reason have less sensitive hearing for very high pitched sounds) may not hear it. Our Saturn dealer says it is normal.

Actually it's not the ECM, it's the TCM (Transmission Control Module). Actually it's a solenoid in the TCM assembly.
Thanks for taking the time to look for that. So...is it a problem, or no?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Below is another post on the topic from the Saturn fans website....
Key1

Re: Ultra High-Pitched Sound / Outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzwhb2
It's actually the transmission making the noise and NO, there is nothing wrong with it. This is recognized as an issue, but merely from the standpoint that the noise is annoying. A fix is being worked on to resolve this. It has to do with the fact that after you shut the vehicle off, there is still power to the transmission among many other modules in the vehicle. What you are hearing are the solenoids inside the transmission that are driven at a high frequency. When the modules "power down", usually a few seconds, the noise goes away.

·
Registered
201 Posts
foshoopd said:
They noise in my vehicle is coming directly from the radio head unit. Car on or off
Leaking capacitor?!?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts