Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One weird thing I noticed on our new Outlook is that the only buttons that don't have backlighting are the homelink buttons above the mirror. I'm always fumbling trying to find the correct one in the dark. Any ideas?

·
Registered
396 Posts
This was discussed on the Acadia forum as well; apparently the back lighting was decontented. My 07 Acadia has green backlit buttons

·
Registered
131 Posts
My '09 XR has the backlit Homelink buttons... wow, add the non-backlit Homelink buttons to the decontented list that includes: non-folding power mirrors and non-powered retracting shade (for the fixed roof). Anything else?

I guess I'll take these options vs. the compass direction on the DIC that was added for MY '10.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So they took out the lighted homelink (functional) and left the LED mood light (aesthetic, IMHO)! So is it possible to replace my home link buttons with lighted ones?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well I would imagine it's possible; I don't think anyone has tried. BTW; the XR-L in your signature; what does the L represent?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Just looked, mines got it. One more thing for GM to discontent for the '10's :angryfire:, well the OUTLOOK was going away anyhow so no big suprise there. I wonder if the '10 Enclave's, Acadia's, and Traverse's have it?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
The 11 Enclave does not have it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bean-counting at it again... I'm sure the Finance guys were praised by upper management for getting costs under control, while the design engineers were doing a slow burn while one feature after another were removed, deemed superfluous for us Lambda buyers.

For comparison, my garden-variety Audi A4 Quattro sedan, from 2003, has back-lit Homelink buttons in the driver's sun visor.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
They also removed the glove-box and the front floor lights out as well. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Sailfish said:
They also removed the glove-box and the front floor lights out as well. :banghead:
Those are gone in my '09 as well :uzi: the bean counters >:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For 2010, they redid the option levels and came up with XV, XE, XR-L, XR-L Premium. I have no idea what the L is for, maybe leather?

AA/78U said:
Well I would imagine it's possible; I don't think anyone has tried. BTW; the XR-L in your signature; what does the L represent?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I pulled this info down from here http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2010-saturn-outlook.htm

General Motors is phasing out the Saturn brand, a process scheduled for completion by the end of calendar 2010. Outlook shares its basic design with the Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia, and premium-midsize Buick Enclave. It comes in XE, XE Premium, XR-L, and XR-L Premium trim levels, each with front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. Also offered is the entry-level front-drive XV. All have a 3.6-liter V6 engine. XV, XE, and XE Premium have 281 horsepower while the XR-L and XR-L Premium have 288 horsepower. All use a 6-speed automatic transmission. Maximum towing capacity is 5,200 pounds. Available safety features include ABS, traction control, antiskid system, curtain-side airbags, and front-side airbags. Standard on the XE Premium and all XR-L versions are rear-obstacle detection, rearview camera, dual-zone automatic climate control, and a wireless cell-phone link. XR-L and XR-L Premium have leather upholstery, heated front seats, and a power liftgate. XR-L Premium has a sunroof and xenon headlights.

So basically there are 5 trim levels; so it looked as though GM was broadening the Outlook line before it was axed

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
AA/78U said:
I pulled this info down from here http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2010-saturn-outlook.htm

General Motors is phasing out the Saturn brand, a process scheduled for completion by the end of calendar 2010. Outlook shares its basic design with the Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia, and premium-midsize Buick Enclave. It comes in XE, XE Premium, XR-L, and XR-L Premium trim levels, each with front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. Also offered is the entry-level front-drive XV. All have a 3.6-liter V6 engine. XV, XE, and XE Premium have 281 horsepower while the XR-L and XR-L Premium have 288 horsepower. All use a 6-speed automatic transmission. Maximum towing capacity is 5,200 pounds. Available safety features include ABS, traction control, antiskid system, curtain-side airbags, and front-side airbags. Standard on the XE Premium and all XR-L versions are rear-obstacle detection, rearview camera, dual-zone automatic climate control, and a wireless cell-phone link. XR-L and XR-L Premium have leather upholstery, heated front seats, and a power liftgate. XR-L Premium has a sunroof and xenon headlights.

So basically there are 5 trim levels; so it looked as though GM was broadening the Outlook line before it was axed
I wonder if all this re-naming had something to do with the '10's being built for PENSKE? It's all the same trim as the 09's. They probably wanted to make it sound like the consumer was getting more through PENSKE, but those who know what's going on knew different :) My '09 is between the XR-L and XR-L Premium because I have a sunroof and NO HID or it's just an XR-L with the option of the sunroof. I would'nt of minded a '10 XR-L Premium, still a nice CUV.

·
Registered
754 Posts
very interesting that the 2010 saturn does not light up.
my 2010 Traverse- lights up.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Huh, so they used to light up, eh? My wife was commenting the other day about how it was hard to find them in the dark. Wonder if it would be hard to retrofit an older set with the lights ....

Oh, and thanks for the reminder about my XR-L. I had forgotten that is what mine was described as when I bought it. I updated my signature to match. :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts