Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was replying to another post about my Outlook and told the other poster how i rated my Outlook so far. Then i thought i should tell him how i rated the other cars I have owned so he would have some frame of reference as to what I thought about cars. I thought it would be fascinating to see what other board members would have to say about their Lamdas and other vehicles they have owned. Let use a 1 to 10 scale.

Can't wait to see what you all have to say!! I think the folks on these boards are great!

Overall i give my Saturn Outlook an 8 out of 10. (we have 10K miles on it)
I have had a few minor problems - seat belt height adjustment broke, my audio system has a minor high pitch sound that I have had them look at twice and it isn't fixed. Drives me crazy but my wife doesn't even notice it.

2003 Audi A4 Avant wagon - 9 of 10 - great car, no complaints
2001 Toyota Highlander - 8 of 10 - great car, boring styling
1999 Honda Civic - 9 of 10 - great car, simple, nothing fancy, completely reliable
1994 Toyota 4Runner - 7 of 10 - put 200K miles on it, but it seems like i was doing repairs at least once a year, should have sold it earlier but couldn't afford to
1991 Jeep Wrangler - 6 of 10 - i looked so cool driving this car ;) , but it always felt like it was going to fall apart
1983 Buick Century - 4 of 10 - i looked like a goofball driving this car, but Mom and Dad gave it to me for college - better than nothing I guess!

·
Registered
3 Posts
You responded to me, so I'll return the favor ... since I lived in airplanes & rental cars for three years I don't have as much to report:

2002 Audi A6 2.7L turbo - 7 / 10: honestly I love the car, fast, handles sweet, fully loaded but every six months I have to drop $400 at the shop to get something fixed. I don't think I will ever buy a used car again ...

2002 Dodge Durango - 8 / 10: nothing fancy with this car but it was fully loaded (leather, CD changer, etc.) and it did have a third row of seats for carting folks to & from the bars ... and it didn't need anything except a car wash & an oil change for 2.5 years.

1995 Mazda Millenia - 9 / 10: bought this in 1998 when I graduated from college off a 3 year lease w/ 45K miles on it ... paid under $15K. What a sweet car ... ride was perfect, styling was slick, fully loaded (notice a trend here?). I actually ended up selling the car to my parents after two years and they drove it for another 3-5 years (I forget when the got rid of it). Loved that car!

Best rental cars: VW Passat 2.?L turbo, BMW 3-series, Opel Vectra (you gotta love rental cars in Europe vs. the Ford Taurus/Contour!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay, everyone can thrash me later for not officially qualifying to respond...I don't own an Outlook, yet. We're giving it heavy consideration to tote the three kids all under 6 and on paper, it's the definitive leader. My trepidation is how well it executes from paper to pavement having had past experience with domestic carmakers.

But, I love the opportunity to share the experience of how my other cars have done, so here goes:

9 of 10: 1984 Honda Accord Hatchback
My first real experience with a rice burner and man, a whole new world of driving fun and dependability. Ran it to 210,000 miles

9 of 10: 1991 Honda Accord Coupe
Smooth, fun, and bullet proof dependability; ran it to 175,000 miles

7.5 of 10: 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
9 of 10 for looks/capability and 6 of 10 for dependability equal the 7.5; like a flaky good looking girlfriend I once had: awesome looking and we had a great time together but couldn't depend on it/her for more than 2 weeks at a time; Kept the 91 Accord on the side just to make sure I had a way to work every day

9 of 10: 1999 Honda Accord Sedan
New family, new family wheels although bought it used; Still running it at 153,000 miles

7 of 10: 2001 Isuzu Trooper
This vehicle technically keeps us in the SUV positive category and has been capable enough, but underneath it's a truck and will gladly remind you when needing to quickly navigate an emergency lane change or hitting the brakes. This is the one up for replacement.

I'll start or post in another thread for the following...but, this site has been helpful in starting to provide what Outlook owners are experiencing. As mentioned, the vehicle looks perfect for the wife and kids but I just want to do everything possible to build a comfort factor on the execution.

·
Registered
16 Posts
2008 Acura RDX with Technology Package = 10.0 so far, but I've only had it one day! 200 miles. Turbo goes whooooooosh! Tremendous speed and acceleration. Sport mode with Formula One paddle shifters actually work instead of being there for decoration like other cars. A sports sedan masquerading as an SUV. :)

2007 Saturn Outlook XR (loaded) = 9.5 (purchased in Feb.). 16,000 miles. Only gripe: You can't run the navigation without having the radio on--not so with my brand new Acura. Too scary to drive faster than 90-95 mph. An outstanding family vacation cruiser. Love it.

2002 Nissan Altima V6 (loaded) = 10.0 80,000 flawless miles; best car I've ever owned. Speed, power, handling. 125+ mph feels like 70 -just cruisin'. (Nissan put in 119 mph speed limiter in 2003). Five and half years old, driven hard, and no squeaks or rattles. Still have it.

1993 Dodge Grand Caravan with AWD = 6.0 Loved the AWD. Great when the kids were little. But fuel injectors once caught fire inside the garage on a hot summer night. Had one expensive (out of warranty) transmission replacement. Engine eventually seized so I dumped it. Only lasted 96,000 miles.

1988 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 = 8.5 Second bachelor new car. Never gave me any trouble but speed limiter would cut the engine at 104 mph. It happened several times. On deserted byways, I like to go fast. :mad:

1979 Chevrolet Monte Carlo = 6.5 First bachelor new car. The six cylinder engine didn't hold up to frequent high speed, cross country driving. The engine eventually blew. Vinyl seats--yuk! Had a hole in transmission within first month of purchase. Lasted less than 80,000 miles.

These are the only cars I've purchased brand new. I'm not counting the junker used cars I bought as a young lad.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My first car was a 1927 5-window Model T Ford. (It was 3 years older than I was). I can notice a Vast improvement!! I have owned many cars over the years and the Outlook is rated at the top of the heap. Ratings: Ford at 1 and 3/8, Outlook at 10.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts