dont know if this applies to the newest GM's though...
General Motors Driving Cycle
This will cause diagnostics to be run on all sytems. Have scanner connected while testing, using freeze frame. An interesting (and very dangerous - trust me) exercise is to use AutoTap or other scannerto watch the various monitors change from "incomplete" to "complete" as you go through the various sections of the drive cycle. Hard to look at the scanner and drive at the same time.
A complete driving cycle should perform diagnostics on all systems. A complete driving cycle can be done in under fifteen minutes.
To perform an OBDII Driving cycle do the following:
1) Cold Start. In order to be classified as a cold start the engine coolant temperature must be below 50°C (122°F) and within 6°C (11°F) of the ambient air temperature at startup. Do not leave the key on prior to the cold start or the heated oxygen sensor diagnostic may not run.
2) Idle. The engine must be run for two and a half minutes with the air conditioner on and rear defroster on. The more electrical load you can apply the better. This will test the O2 heater, Passive Air, Purge "No Flow", Misfire and if closed loop is achieved, Fuel Trim.
) Accelerate. Turn off the air conditioner and all the other loads and apply half throttle until 88km/hr (55mph) is reached. During this time the Misfire, Fuel Trim, and Purge Flow diagnostics will be performed.
4) Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 88km/hr (55mph) for 3 minutes. During this time the O2 response, air Intrusive, EGR, Purge, Misfire, and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed
coast along gradually slowing down to 32km/hr (20 mph). During this time the EGR, Purge and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.
6) Accelerate. Accelerate at 3/4 throttle until 88-96 km/hr (55-60mph). This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 3.
7) Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 88km/hr (55mph) for five minutes. During this time, in addition to the diagnostics performed in step 4, the catalyst monitor diagnostics will be performed.
make sure the engine is cold and over a half tank of fuel
Read more: Have not been able to get the evap test to complete after clearing - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/saturn/25chb-not-able-evap-test-complete-clearing.html#ixzz2GPjw5LOn