Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am new to the forum and i was wondering if anyone has this HVAC issue before? I have a 08 Outlook XR and i recently noticed that my front AC is only working on the drivers side. The passender side is blowing hot air. The rear AC is working just fine and i havent had any issues with the system before. Thanks in advance for you help, Jason

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Don't forget to update your signature so that on future posts we know what you have including some options.

This sounds like you have a, for lack of the correct term, flapper stuck open or closed in the passenger vent system either not allowing cold air in or allowing hot air in. Are you still with in the 3/36000 warranty. If so, just take it in and let a dealer fix it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what i was thinking. I am no longer under the 3/36 but i did get the 4/60 and i am wondering if it will covered under that?

·
Registered
396 Posts
jayz28 said:
That is what i was thinking. I am no longer under the 3/36 but i did get the 4/60 and i am wondering if it will covered under that?
You should have received some literature about what is covered under your extended warranty; or just take it in to the dealer and they will tell you

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having a nightmare with my HVAC in my 08 XR. Only problem is that it is the driver's side that has the issues. Blows hot when the AC is on and blows cold when the heater is on and if I was lucky I could reset it by turning the engine off and on again. But...

I was able to get a reprogramming done for the HVAC at the dealer recently. It takes some time, but it did resolve it kind of... It now blows harder out the driver's side than before and it seems to go to extremes when adjusting the temp. For example: The AC is on with the temp set at 70...it gets below 70 while cooling and starts blowing warm air (not hot anymore thankfully) to raise the temp. It then begins to blow cool air again when it warms up. Instead of gradually adjusting the temp and fan speed, it goes from hot to cold to hot to cold. All the while the passenger side is working beautifully!!! :banghead:

I'm trading mine in for the diesel Excursion I have always wanted ASAP. I need the room anyway.

·
Registered
396 Posts
slenser said:
I'm trading mine in for the diesel Excursion I have always wanted ASAP. I need the room anyway.
Wow; that's a big step up in vehicle. Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah it is! I actually downsized from a Navigator to the Outlook and I have been missing the extra room since, but the have kids enjoyed the DVD player. I have 3 kids that are growing like weeds, one more due in the next week, 3 dogs, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree....! LOL! Needless to say, it is cramped in the Outlook and this is an excuse to get the truck I have always wanted.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sorry to hear you are dumping your Outlook over this issue, but I understand

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
slenser said:
I am having a nightmare with my HVAC in my 08 XR. Only problem is that it is the driver's side that has the issues. Blows hot when the AC is on and blows cold when the heater is on and if I was lucky I could reset it by turning the engine off and on again. But...

I was able to get a reprogramming done for the HVAC at the dealer recently. It takes some time, but it did resolve it kind of... It now blows harder out the driver's side than before and it seems to go to extremes when adjusting the temp. For example: The AC is on with the temp set at 70...it gets below 70 while cooling and starts blowing warm air (not hot anymore thankfully) to raise the temp. It then begins to blow cool air again when it warms up. Instead of gradually adjusting the temp and fan speed, it goes from hot to cold to hot to cold. All the while the passenger side is working beautifully!!! :banghead:

Are you using the AUTO feature? If so when you turn the AUTO feature off and adjust it manually how does it work? :eek:fftopic: but what year EXCURSION are you getting?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts