Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...I have had my 2008 Outlook now for almost 3 years (in Sept. 2010). I have 32000 miles on it and the warranty is almost up. My concern is that all the Saturn dealerships are closed around me and I have had some issues under the warranty (sun roof leak was the major one). I am contemplating trading my Outlook in for an Acadia. I love the Outlook and the use I get out of it. I want another 7-8 passenger SUV. Is it smart to trade it in for a new Acadia or should I just take my chances when the warranty runs out?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Trade her in, unless your up-side down with the $$. JMHO

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
As for the warranty, any GM dealer will is suppose to do the warranty work, and most will. I would not trade it because of the warranty. As for the value, that is up in the air. Some say it will dive and other say it wont. Do a KBB on it and see what it is worth and compare to what you owe. With the used fleet ones being offered at almost 50% off I don't know what will happen on a trade. I was 4k upside down on my Outlook when I traded back in April. But I felt I had to get out of it because of the water leak issue. With the 1.9% being offered right now on most Acadias, it might be worth it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went to www.gmoutlet.com and picked up a GMPP warranty to cover my Outlook for another 72 months, 90K miles. I did this just before my first 12 months were up with about 8800 miles, since the price goes up after 12 months or 12,000 miles. That will take me to 7 years and right at 100,000 miles. I got the best warranty that covers all but wear items. That cost me a little over $1000 which was probably less than taking a depreciation hit for this young a vehicle. I don't have the sunroof so the water leak is not an issue.

Bill

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm getting the itch, went and looked at ACADIA's today. I just think that when Saturn is done on 10/31/10 and GM has us take our OUTLOOK's to any GM dealer that we just get the same treatment as a Saturn dealer because it's not a GMC, BUICK, or CHEVY. I dont know. I'm sitting real good on the OUTLOOK so I might just do it :-\.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
So far I'm not getting the #'s I want so who knows. The demise of Saturn has taken the value right out of our hands :sosad:.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
She is mine untill the wheels fall off. I just cant see taking less than book for it just because Saturn is being phased out. I still would be way ahead for the down payment on the ACADIA but it's the principal of things. I dont like loosing $$ even if it means that I have to hang on to something untill it's value evens out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello fellow Outlook owners. My issue is similar to original poster udfdshultz. I am currently leasing a 2008 Outlook XR. My lease is up in Nov 2011, the purchase price then is estimated at $17000. I have the vehicle optioned the way I like and I'm very happy with it, despite a few issues 1. being the head light harness melting (seems to have happened to others), and the 2nd. the power steering hum. what concerns me is warranty issues, when the light harness melted I called the local Chevy dealer because the closest Saturn dealer is 15 miles away, and Chevy didn't want to fix it and told me to go to Saturn, I mentioned this to the Saturn service dept. and they said being this was a safety issue and under warranty, Chevy should have accepted the repair. Is this the service we should expect to receive when that ominous day comes and Saturn closes? I have been getting GM incentive lately to purchase/lease a "New" GM vehicle (I wonder if it's a sign from above?). In your opinions should I stick it out and purchase my Outlook, or cut my lose and look for a new vehicle? I still would like to stick with a GM (Corvette would be nice, but cant fit the family in it. :-\).
Has any one else done this with any car. turn your lease in early to purchase/lease something else?
Thank you

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
decrow, :welcome:. OK, As much as I love my OUTLOOK and think it's the best looking one out of the 4 Lambdas, I would say you probably should get out of it. I too think that the service that we will get will not be that great because it's not the selling dealerships product. I tried to get out of mine a couple of months ago (did'nt need to, I'm way ahead on it and I was also worried about the service thing) but the dealers I checked with that had ACADIA's that I liked really tried to low ball me on the OUTLOOK because it is discontinued, they were offering 3K below KBB, NADA. I ended up keeping it and I'm going to take my chances and hope I get assigned a great dealer close to home. It's a bad deal for us Saturn owners, If I would have known in the beginning I would have got the ACADIA to start with :).

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
For what it's worth, try going to a GMC or Buick (usualy combined) and see what they say. My GMC dealer has not refused in service on my wifes Aura or before I got rid of it my Outlook. I have found though that here in Amarillo at least, all of the Chevy dealers wouldn't look at the Outlook - and now Saturn is refering everyone to Chevy dealers. But with that said, get out if you can get a good deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you 6sixathome and khansen30, for the welcome and replies. 6six you said you tried to get out of yours. Was it a lease or purchase?
The good thing going for me is once the lease is up I can give it back, but then I will have to find another car to like, and hope they don't get discontinued :). Does anyone think these will be collectors items like the Delorean? Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
decrow said:
Thank you 6sixathome and khansen30, for the welcome and replies. 6six you said you tried to get out of yours. Was it a lease or purchase?
The good thing going for me is once the lease is up I can give it back, but then I will have to find another car to like, and hope they don't get discontinued :). Does anyone think these will be collectors items like the Delorean? Just a thought.
Mine is purchased. Like khansen30 said try a GMC/Buick dealer before a Chevy dealer, that's what I hope to do, my Saturn dealer is still a Saturn dealer until 10/31/10 then they start being a Mitsubishi dealer full time. Since yours is a lease you will only have 1 year of non Saturn service to go before your lease is up. I think you will be safe with any of the other Lambdas. I personally dont think these will be collectors like the Deloreans :-\. Can you get out of alease early without being penalized?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts