Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was driving my other Outlook ('07) I did some experimenting with the dash light intensity and have determined that my '08 dash lights are stuck in night mode. That is why they seem dim in the daytime. It has to be either the light sensor on the dash or the module that gets its signal from the light sensor and adjusts the dash light intensity accordingly. I want to interchange the two parts one at a time between the two cars. That way I can tell which part is defective and replace it. Now I need to know how to get into the dash to access the components. I can't locate a repair manual for the Outlook. Can anyone explain how to remove the radio or the top "junk" box? Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
Try using the forum search tool off the home page.

Try using search phrase: DASH TRIM REMOVAL or DASH REMOVAL

Do the same on the AcadiaForum and EnclaveForum too for other related posts on this same topic.

Try looking here (picture posts by member name pete7919):
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=197.60

The trim/bezel around the radio is retained by friction clips. You are best to have a trim removal tool.

·
Registered
754 Posts
on GMpartsdirect.com

the part for an 08 GMC acadia- is $8.61. or about $20 for the version if you have the digital AC.
look under Instrument panel/ cluster and switches, auto lamp sensor.. then pick w/ATC or w/o atc.

When I removed my radio- I simply gently pulled on the radio surround bezel and the part came off--- gently.

I wonder if you can pry up the sensor?
have you looked at it up close? (you may need a mirror to reflect the image)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts