Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a good deal on a VR3 kit which is a one size fits all with a LCD color monitor. It is a bluetooth system or wireless to the uninitiated. The camera is mounted above or below the license plate using the normal bolt holes. It must be hard wired into the 12volt wires feeding the backup lamps. Problem I have is the removal of the lift gate cover to do the connection. How does this cover come off without any damage? The receiver plugs into the 12volt source below the a/c controls right side. Price was $129.00 at Pep Boys with a $20 rebate till May 5. Very well made.

05/20/07
Well I finally installed the camera in the back hatch after finding how to get the trim shell off without breaking anything. Wired the camera to the passenger side backup light. Soldered the leads as a Scotchlock would not cut into the lead wires as good as I needed. The leads go from the exterior through a 3/16 hole and grommet drilled 1 inch up from the left side license plate screw anchor and 1 1/2 inch to the right. This place is perfect as it allows the lead from the camera to be snaked to the passenger side without any obstructions. Lead was really long so I cut it off to allow the soldering to the green + and Black - on the socket. Test reverse power. Replace the trim shell and good to go

Mounted the color monitor on the flip up lid on the top of the dash using the Velcro double stick mounting tape. Monitor comes with either wired power plug for the power socket or a length of wire for hardwiring the unit to a hot connection. Monitor has off/on button.

Works slick when you put the Outlook in reverse. Monitor has buttons to orient the view any way you want to match your camera installation.
You will not believe the resolution and detail the monitor displays. ;D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry I can't help with your problem but that sounds like one heck of a dealio. Where are you planning on mounting the LCD? Please post pics of your install when complete.

tyson

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw this video, partially so I can send a reply. It looks like it shows you how to install the wiring harness on an Outlook(2008). Here is the link:
http://www.etrailer.com/tv_wiring_install_2008_saturn_outlook.aspx

Hope it helps. I'm in the market into buying a 2008(used) Saturn Outlook. Rented a car and had the option to rent one for a day and rent my original car I wanted. Wow, love the Outlook. I heard though it helps to have backup camera. So, I know, buying a used car, you can't always get what you want. So, been searching the web on am "How to" for camera install.

Thump66

1 - 5 of 5 Posts