Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago the instrument panel gave a stabiltrak warning and then the instrument panel went blank for about 2 seconds. It did it again about five minutes later. It did the same thing a few days ago. Today it happened a few more times and gave an AWD warning. This evening the instrument panel went and stayed off. It gave engine code U0073. After the car was turned about for about a half hour the instrument panel came back on.

The car doesn't seem to care. The engine didn't stutter or anything else noticeable with the drive.

I searched this forum and the other lamda forums without anything concrete. Does anyone have any suggestions??

·
Registered
353 Posts
dustin said:
About a week ago the instrument panel gave a stabiltrak warning and then the instrument panel went blank for about 2 seconds. It did it again about five minutes later. It did the same thing a few days ago. Today it happened a few more times and gave an AWD warning. This evening the instrument panel went and stayed off. It gave engine code U0073. After the car was turned about for about a half hour the instrument panel came back on.

The car doesn't seem to care. The engine didn't stutter or anything else noticeable with the drive.

I searched this forum and the other lamda forums without anything concrete. Does anyone have any suggestions??
dustin,

Apologies to hear about the stabiltrak concerns and p code readings. I definitely understand the displeasure created by this situation, and you're more than welcome to contact me privately for additional assistance (please include contact info, VIN, and mileage). Have you considered making an appointment at your local GM dealer for an official diagnosis?

Kindly,

William R.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update.

I took the Saturn in. They performed the service per the TSB. They could not find anything obviously wrong. The tech suspects it is the BCM. He deduced this because all the other control modules had communication records of the recent problems and the BCM log had nothing recent. They weren't 100% sure that was the problem though and they quoted the fix at $500.

They said if they could get it while the problem is manifesting then they should be able to confirm if it is the BCM or not. I figured fair enough so I will wait until whatever is breaking breaks for good. They charged me $120 for the diagnosis work performed but said they would not charge any further diagnosis work for this particular problem which I thought was a good deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts