Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of going with the Garnet color. Has anybody seen in in person? Is it bright red? I saw a model at my local retailer that was black with a slight red tint, is that what Garnet is?

thanks for your input.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I saw one at my dealer last week. It is very dark almost black with a dark reddish tone to it. From a distance I thought it was black but upon closer look it was garnet. I liked it but looked like about as much work keeping clean as a black car. Very nice though

·
Registered
69 Posts
My '08 outlook is Garnet color...not sure why they named it that. A more descriptive name would have been Dark Burgundy, or Crimson, or Dark wine color. Whenever someone comments on how nice my outlook looks, the 1st thing they say is "I like the color" to me it looks slightly different in the shade than in the direct sunlight.

FWD, 570 miles, XR with Leather, paid sticker, gets 30 mpg on highway if I drive 55mph.....but it's tough to drive that slow in NJ so I settle for 24mpg when I drive 65-70mph. City driving varies between 16 and 20mpg depending on how agrressive I am on the pedal. If any one is interested I can attempt to post pics.
Key1

·
Registered
59 Posts
Think purple...or at least VERY dark burgundy. Actually, without light on it, it can be mistaken for black.

This is an Acadia, but you get the idea:

Also the same thing on a Sierra truck:

It's a different color, moreso just very dark with a unique burgundy to it in light. The Buick dealer we were at last week looking at an Enclave just raved on the color when we were chatting about the colors, and said to make sure we saw it--but I knew what it was already, and wasn't for us.

For a brighter red, on the Outlook, Red Jewel is the bright candy apple shade.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Darn,

That's what I thought. No offense to those that have it, but that's my least favorite color. I saw it at the dealer, but as some have said, it looks burgundy or crimson, not red like it does on the website.

I guess, I won't be taking that one!

·
Registered
21 Posts
its more like a black cherry and it is beautiful, imho.... buick and saturn chose the wrong names for this color... cadillac has the same color and they call it black cherry... chevy calls it dark cherry.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think it appears better on a SUV than on a pickup.

Bottle of Merlot anyone?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts