Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but only turned up a couple of short, and unfortunately thin, threads; maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

I'm not so concerned about the pads (seen one you've seen them all) but I was hoping to know what I was getting into with the rotors as they can be a little different from car to car; removing the brackets and torque specs to get 'em back on, I see something on one thread about screws near the lugs.

I am sure I will figure it out :banghead: but any insight is appreciated as the parts are on their way and all I need is a heat wave in Ohio to get started.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'd take a look on the Acadia forum, it gets more activity than here. There have been several discussions of brakes, but I'm not sure there's been a complete DIY write up.

I haven't had to do mine yet, so I can't really help much. I understand there's a torx flat head screw that holds the rotor on once you get the caliper off. Supposedly there are threads inside that hole as well for jacking a frozen rotor off. For the rear, you may need to back off the internal parking brake to get the rotor loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts