• TSB on water damage electrical issues

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this used 2007 Saturn Outlook with 80,000 original miles on it, clean interior/exterior, and have only put 8000 miles in a year and a half that I have owned this truck. The first problem I notice was the front passenger headlight blown or connection problem as soon as I left the lot from the dealer where I bought the truck, a week later found out that the front passenger air bag does not stay on when someone moves in the seat, then it was the transmission luckily the extended warranty covered it, and now the front AC blower is not working just the back blower works. Checking the Web for answers I see that there is a lot of people having the same problems repeatedly, what do we need to do so that someone admits that there is a problem and puts a recall out on all the issues!!!!! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

My truck is in the dealer now and they are telling me that the part plus labor is about $600 dollars to fix the blower issue, I still have not fixed the air bag issue that they say is another $600 to fix and when I go online there are other Outlook customers that are having the same issue saying that it is water going in the passenger front floor causing electrical problems with blower motor and wire connector problems underneath the passenger seat causing the air bag issue!!!

Does anyone have any ideas on what steps to take? ????

·
Registered
754 Posts
$600 to fix blower motor?

I can remove the blower motor in about 5 min-- ok 10.
Buy one on ebay- amazon etc. for about $70. (theres aftermarker and OEM- OEM are pricier).
You can replace that yourself.
That can knock off a chunk of the $600-- if you decide to let the dealer do the repair for the water intrusion.

Depending on the exact issue with the airbag.
GM did extend an Airbag issue- warranty to 120,000--

check the Acadia/Enclave forum... more info there too

Someone just did part of this 'fix' to clear up water intrusion into the blower motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for replying,

I think I'm just going to see the cheapest way out of this mess and get the **** out of dodge while the truck still has some value!!! I never really thought much about Saturns but since I really wanted GMC Acadia or a Buick Enclave, I thought that I was getting a really good deal with this SUV since all three SUVs are really similar and this one was fairly priced. Surfing the web found out that all three have the same issues as far as water damage and other stuff so again I'm leaning more into Imports.

I think I'll try the Mazda CX9, I hope they built better car!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi T5oriano!

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing and that it has caused you to consider other options. We appreciate the feedback but also would like to do what we can to help! If you have any specific questions about any of our vehicles, or any particular features you are looking for, please let us know!

Jessica
GM Customer Care

T5oriano said:
Thx for replying,

I think I'm just going to see the cheapest way out of this mess and get the **** out of dodge while the truck still has some value!!! I never really thought much about Saturns but since I really wanted GMC Acadia or a Buick Enclave, I thought that I was getting a really good deal with this SUV since all three SUVs are really similar and this one was fairly priced. Surfing the web found out that all three have the same issues as far as water damage and other stuff so again I'm leaning more into Imports.

I think I'll try the Mazda CX9, I hope they built better car!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Certainly feel your pain on the blower motor. The issue is noted on the Internet supported by a great you tube video. My blower motor stopped one week ago on my 2008 Outlook. I remove it, 5 minutes and it had been under water.

The local GMAC dealer said a bulletin was issued in 2008 to check the cowling above the motor for leaks. Now they tried to claim that there were no issue but found the bulletin. They did call me back in few minutes after we spoke to give me the heads up. The number of issues noted on the internet would suggest it is a bigger issue then they will admit too. The number is 19469.

Of course, they will not stand up for the issue. GM at it's best? I do not tend to get upset at these issues, just buy another make of auto next time. FYI, I bought my 2008 new.

You can fix it in 15 minutes for under $100, amazing that they told you $600. Go GM dealers!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts