Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read about numerous "steering issues" but I'm not sure if my symptoms are related. Sometimes when turning, the steering wheels turns in a jerky manner. Kind of like as I'm turning the steering wheel, it will move easy then hard then easy then hard. I'm not sure if the wheels actually are affected or not, I just know I feel it in the steering wheel.

·
Registered
203 Posts
What year? Did you get a special coverage letter for Power steering up to 120k miles? Just replaced my pump at 150k, no special coverage for me. The steering wheel was fighting back especially at low speeds. I believe the dealer is instructed to flush the fluid and check for improvement before replacing the pump.
Transmission at 140k, Steering at 150k and now throttlebody last winter at 140k, just received letter of coverage till 120k. My truck takes longer to breakdown than most I guess. Still want to keep it though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a 2007. I just bought it about three months ago and I have not received any letters. It has 123,000 miles so I'm past the special coverage anyway.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you just bought it then it would take several months for them to update where to send any recall letters. Did you buy privately of from dealer? Dealer may honor the special coverage if in fact the 2007s are included. Ask them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought it from an independent dealer. A couple weeks ago, I was at a local Chevy dealer asking them about my transmission problem. When I mentioned the warranty extension for that, since I was a little over the mileage, they acted like there wasn't much hope since I was not the original owner. Right now, the steering is not so bad it needs to be fixed; it just feels "a little strange". :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts