Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 Outlook has developed a slight jerky movement when making slight directional changes at highway speeds as well as slow gentle turns. I read some of the other posts related to steering column issues and noise problems, but this is different. Took it into the dealer and they said they couldn't replicate the problem. Anyone else have any similar experience and a recommended fix?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't had a problem with my pre-owned 2009. The steering is smooth as silk.

Perhaps the power steering fluid has been contaminated with water?

A slipping belt could cause the intermittent power loss as well.

Check for some power steering tsb's that may not have been applied to your car.

A quick search on my part did not reveal anything though...

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2007 Outlook. It has had power steering issues from the day it left the showroom floor. It has been in the shop on several occasions. Last fix was "low PS fluid and air in the line." Car is back in the shop for the same issue -- although the mechanic has stated there is no issue. It is now with the Shop foreman who is backing his mechanic.

I also own a 2006 5 Series BMW -- so I know what steering should feel like! I suspect that we will pick up the car yet again with no resolution to the issue. By the way -- I'm also having brake rotor issues at 32k. Dealer is saying that brakes are only covered to 10k under the warranty thus it is going to cost me about $300 for repair. Bad rotors at 32k???? Unbelieveable.

Mulitple other issues with this Outlook :angryfire:. The wife and I are now looking for another vehicle.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Redleg83 said:
I own a 2007 Outlook. It has had power steering issues from the day it left the showroom floor. It has been in the shop on several occasions. Last fix was "low PS fluid and air in the line." Car is back in the shop for the same issue -- although the mechanic has stated there is no issue. It is now with the Shop foreman who is backing his mechanic.

I also own a 2006 5 Series BMW -- so I know what steering should feel like! I suspect that we will pick up the car yet again with no resolution to the issue. By the way -- I'm also having brake rotor issues at 32k. Dealer is saying that brakes are only covered to 10k under the warranty thus it is going to cost me about $300 for repair. Bad rotors at 32k???? Unbelieveable.

Mulitple other issues with this Outlook :angryfire:. The wife and I are now looking for another vehicle.
Sorry to hear all this, but not all Lambdas have these issues now, things have gotten better. Here's a list of the prices, I put on here a few days ago, shows the spread price wise of base trim no options, up to top trim fully loaded on each of the remaining Lambdas. Hopefully you find this usefull, and will consider an Acadia, Enclave, or Traverse.

http://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/index.php?topic=763.msg3963#msg3963

·
Registered
754 Posts
Redleg83 said:

whats wrong with the rotors? Rust-- or warped?
If warped- did you torque down your lug nuts? or simply tightened them?

·
Registered
201 Posts
rbarrios said:
whats wrong with the rotors? Rust-- or warped?
If warped- did you torque down your lug nuts? or simply tightened them?
Don't get me started on over torqued wheel nuts. Way to many tire jocks and mechanics in a hurry to complete their job to grab a torque wrench and tighten down each wheel nut to spec. They're under the gun to get the work done and keep their boss happy. Pedal pulsation and rotor runout could also occur due to being harder on the brake pedal (i.e. more aggressive driving style).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Redleg83 said:

Funny I have the exact same problems but with my 740il. Needs a new power steering unit which is leaky and my front drivers side rotor is totally warped (among a bajillion other issues). The wife and I bought the Outlook to replace the bimmer. Of course my bimmer is a 97... it did last for quite a long time. Engine and tranny are still superb, but the rest of it is falling apart :'( I love that car. :'( :'(

Is it possible to take your car to another shop?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts