Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave up my '05 Ford Freestyle (117,665 miles) for a 2009 Saturn Outlook XE front wheel drive today! :blob: I pressed the On-star button and got it all activated for my 6 month trial, but when I was on hold during the end where it's supposed to activate, it said "your On-star call has been ended". Does that mean that it got activated?? Thanks...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome to the forums, some good info is here. Not sure about the Onstar, haven't activated it yet myself, and they tried at the dealer but they had me done before Onstar was ready for me.

·
Registered
396 Posts
lkreykes said:
I gave up my '05 Ford Freestyle (117,665 miles) for a 2009 Saturn Outlook XE front wheel drive today! :blob: I pressed the On-star button and got it all activated for my 6 month trial, but when I was on hold during the end where it's supposed to activate, it said "your On-star call has been ended". Does that mean that it got activated?? Thanks...
I would call Onstar back to make sure that everything you wanted is set up correctly

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'm 99% positive it is activated because the status light next to the emergency button is green [/color] and that means that it's activated. This is an awesome car!

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
:welcome:

+1 on calling OnStar just for confirmation.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I will

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to them and they said I have the safe & sound for 6 months...

Is there anything important I may need to know about this car? Thanks!

·
Registered
396 Posts
lkreykes said:
IMO; since this is an 09; I would keep the oil changed (3-4K) and not follow the OLM.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks...

·
Registered
201 Posts
lkreykes said:
I talked to them and they said I have the safe & sound for 6 months...

Obtain the VIN from the vehicle and check with your local GM dealer that services Saturn vehicles, have them run the VIN through their system to see if there are any open recalls on the vehicle. Have them perform the necessary repairs for any recalls that are open/outstanding.

+1 on it being an awesome vehicle. I *love* my '09 XR.

Also a +1 on keeping oil changes to 5000 miles. The factory Oil Life Meter programming in these vehicles was a little 'off'. Your '09 MY vehicle may be within the VIN breaks of having the OLM reprogrammed. Effectively it runs down the OLM quicker - thus prompting you to change the oil sooner.

Most importantly, enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
353 Posts
lkreykes,

How are you enjoying your 2009 Outlook? I am glad to read that you did call OnStar to confirm that your service was activated.

I agree with BigTallV, about getting your VIN and talking with the dealership about the service history of the vehicle. If you have not had any one check the recall information as of today, let me know. I would be more than happy to look up the recall information, if any on your vehicle. I will need the VIN in order to do this.

In the future, don’t hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns.

Michelle P., GM Customer Service

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input!!

Gm Cstmr Svc: We are enjoying our new car a LOT! One of the best we have ever owned. I have not checked the history of the car yet. It's out being test drove in the snow right now, but I will get the VIN to you asap.

BigTallV: Thanks for the info. I will keep the oil changed regularly.

What are some of the recalls that this car had?

·
Registered
201 Posts
lkreykes said:
What are some of the recalls that this car had?
Use the search function on this site. Heated Washer Fluid System recall is but one of them.

Important for your to distinguish between a "Recall" and a "TSB". Recalls are frequently 'safety' based, though there are other reason(s) too. The TSB's are for service tech's to use as guideance on troubleshooting or performing service work for certain known issues. An example would be the TSB for front headlight wiring harness melting/low-beam bulb inoperative (I say this one should be a recall as headlights are part of the safety equipment on a vehicle... but that's JMHO), TSB for reprogramming TCM for improved shift points/driveability, etc. These are not 'recalls' but are TSB's.

Anyways, have a look in the tech section and checkout the Acadia/Traverse/Enclave forums as well if you're so inclined. Lots of good info there too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BigTallV said:
Anyways, have a look in the tech section and checkout the Acadia/Traverse/Enclave forums as well if you're so inclined. Lots of good info there too.
Well, I'm not very inclined, just average. We don't have the heated washer fluid option, and we haven't noticed anything odd about the shifting.
I agree, I have heard about the low beam bulbs not working properly, it should be a recall.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts