Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a really nice 2008 Outlook today. Really excited to have a nice vehicle again. Wish I could burn my 2000 Ford Windstar to the ground...

Has 96,000 on it, so high miles, but I still have 4000 miles of extended warranty. :cheers:

Look forward to being around a while.

Also, I can't get the AutoGuide app to work for the Saturn forum on my android phone. Work fine for the Acadia one. Is there a trick to this? Just says php error user not found...

Thanks all!

Chris

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Not sure what is going on with the AutoGuide. I also cannot access this forum on there but I can the Enclave/Acadia/Traverse forums.

Welcome and enjoy your Outlook.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Welcome, h20skierc! Congratulations on a great find, as well. Let us know if you have any questions about your new Outlook.

Sarah (Assisting William)
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congrats and welcome. While there is a LOT of complaining about the Outlook on here I have not had a problem with our 2008 XE. We got it last year with about 60,000 miles on it. There is a lot of information tossed around here, so fire away with the questions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all! So far, seems to be a great vehicle. I think it will fit my family's needs quite well!

The only question I have is that I think one of the daytime running lamps is out, and the GM service manual says to remove part of the bumper. That seems a little extreme. This weekend I am planning on searching the forum here in hopes of finding a better way.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have not had to replace any bulbs yet, but by just looking under the hood I don't see any reason to get that involved.
Post pictures when you can. We like pictures.

·
Registered
252 Posts
h2oskierc said:
The only question I have is that I think one of the daytime running lamps is out, and the GM service manual says to remove part of the bumper. That seems a little extreme. This weekend I am planning on searching the forum here in hopes of finding a better way.
You can get to it from inside the wheel well by removing the liner that is held in by some screws and pop up fasteners. Not the easiest design, but can be done at home. A search like you planned should pop up some pics.

·
Registered
353 Posts
h2oskierc said:
Thanks all! So far, seems to be a great vehicle. I think it will fit my family's needs quite well!

h2oskierc,

Glad you're enjoying it! If additional assistance is needed, feel free to contact me privately.

William R.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
45 Posts
h2oskierc said:
Thanks all! So far, seems to be a great vehicle. I think it will fit my family's needs quite well!your o

Welcome and good luck with your Outlook! I would suggest since you have an extended warranty that you take it to dealer for light issue because there is a service bulletin for the headlight issue with this vehicle. You may not be under the 5/100,000 mile coverage but it may pay to check.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you referring to the melted connectors? Mine are great. No issues. I have HID headlights, so maybe that helps?

·
Registered
45 Posts
My connectors on my 08 weren't melted but I did have the update although with HID lights that may not be an issue,however there are some fuses that you may look for that have to do with the DRL system.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fuses were good, aside from being crazy hard to get to. Had to lay on my back, and crank my neck really funny yo see into the fuse box. :banghead:

Replaced the lamp, and that fixed it, only to then realize I also have a sidemarker out. Got that bulb, so get to tear into the front end again this weekend. Since I found the threads about just working through the wheel wells, it wasn't as bad. Great engineering there...

Thought my radio was broken. Went into the XM categories menu, but the touch screen wouldn't scroll down. That was when I realized that it won't let you scroll through the lists if you are moving. Makes sense. I wouldn't ever change anything when I am driving. :angel:

After almost a week, I love the car. The most comfortable non-suburban I have ever driven. Even rivals the suburbans as far as comfort (I am 6'3"). My kids like it.

I have a really bad squeak that I am trying to narrow down. Seems to happen with bumps. The starter running can even be enough to do it. Want to figure it out so I can make a warranty claim before the warranty expires...

·
Registered
107 Posts
My wife's Outlook squeaks too. Took it to our mechanic and he could not duplicate it. If you find anything out, let me know what you came up with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts