Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new here. Hope to gain some insight from the wisdom on this forum.

Well, we just passed 40k miles on our Outlook recently, and I had a feeling the problems were going to start rolling in after 40k..

Well, sure enough, 274 miles after passing the 40k mark - the transmission is now giving us problems. My wife indicated that there was a brief loss of power which felt as if the car was going to cut off. I checked it out yesterday and things seemed ok except for some joltiness in the tranny. I drove it again this morning with a little bit more "pedal to the metal" on the gears. Now the tranny won't go into reverse, and the tranny was slipping in and out of gear. Fortunately I was able to park it out in front of the house, and Saturn Roadside assistance is sending a tow truck over so we can get it towed to the stealership.

After calling the stealership, the SA mentioned that it may be the "shift solanoid".

What do you guys think? I'm hoping this will be an easy fix, but I'm afraid I'm in for a world of hurt.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
SFS550 :welcome: Could be the wave plate's in the trans, you still factory powertrain warranty 5yr/100K so I would say take it to the dealer and have them fix it.

Good luck

·
Registered
252 Posts
Here is some information from a TSB, soundsl ike they're right on track...

2007-2009
Acadia, AURA, Enclave, Equinox, G6, Malibu, OUTLOOK, Torrent, Traverse, VUE - No Reverse, 3rd or 5th gear
Disassemble the transmission to clean debris generated by the broken wave plate. Replace the pump fluid filter and the control solenoid filter plate
Do not make repairs without cleaning the transmission and replacing the pump fluid filter and the control solenoid filter plate
09-07-30-012A

Found here http://www.sandyblogs.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-search.cgi?search=ACADIA+WAVE&IncludeBlogs=10&limit=20

·
Registered
353 Posts
SFS550,

Is this the first time that you have experienced these symptoms on your Outlook?

Michelle P., GM Customer Service

·
Registered
396 Posts
GM Customer Service said:
SFS550,

Is this the first time that you have experienced these symptoms on your Outlook?

Michelle P., GM Customer Service
Hey, Michelle. I just wanted to say how encouraging it is to see you here, responding to folks' issues. I've been a member of several online car communities, and never seen a manufacturer presence like that. I've been pleasantly surprised by the response here and on Twitter from GM and the care I've gotten at the Chevy dealer where I've taken my Outlook. I wish I could say the same about the other manufacturer I've dealt with this month.

I bought my Outlook because it was the best vehicle for what I needed to do - tote a family of 5 and tow a camper. I really wanted another Honda, but the Odyssey wasn't a great tow vehicle and the Pilot was too small & not enough tow capacity. At the time nothing, frankly, could do all that these Lambdas do. So, I bought a GM car. My family owned 7 70's & 80's GM cars in the and they were less than stellar, to say the least. I figured if I was going to get what I wanted, I'd have to live with whatever GM quality was. While hopeful, my expectations were low.

Time will tell how reliable & durable it is, but seeing you here and GM in general responding to the customer has me more hopeful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just turned 58,000 on my 09 and have had no tranny problems and average 24-25 miles per gallon on the highway and 18 to 21 in the city. I have a wonderful dealership, where we purchased our new XR, in Greenwood, Indiana ( Lockhart Cadillac ) who has readily completed all recalls in very short order. Very satisfied with our Outlook. Tires are also original and wearing well. Had headlight harnesses and 1 coil pack replaced as far as actual repairs are concerned. received loaner vehicle during all repairs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts