Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
What is the latest mandatory transmission program required for my 2008 Outlook XR FWD - not the optional May 08 one, but the latest factory required one - is there a digit code that I can give my dealer. I have the May 08 update done, but it really seems to have negatively effected when I tow and use the tow mode button.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
64 Posts
Both flashes I believe were optional. May last year is the newest one and going back would probably mean going back to the first one. not even sure they can do it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just checked and the build date on my 2008 Outlook XR FWD is 10/07, and the only trans flash update I had done is the May 08 one. I am trying to find out the version that was on my car from the factory when built, thinking this was the latest (not optional) one - I would like to have the code number for this version before I go to the dealer if at all possible...
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
45 Posts
What negative features are you finding with that flash update?

(i also have the 'optional' flash) I haven't used the tow button since i got the flash (haven't towed).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will not go into 6th gear (or overdrive) above 65mph - it will stay at 2700rpm at 70mph even on level highway (before May08 flash would be at 1900rpm same road) - if I do tow my boat (14ft aluminum boat and trailer - 1000 pounds total) it shifts extremely late with or without tow mode button on. Maybe the May08 flash is not a good combination with the tow mode option?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have not done any transmission updates. Here are my shift-points according the factory specs:

Shift
Point MPH
1-2 8
2-3 18
3-4 24
4-5 32
5-6 44

The only one that doesn't seem to be true is 4-5. It won't stay if 5th unless I'm going 33 MPH.

·
Registered
64 Posts
mikek said:
It will not go into 6th gear (or overdrive) above 65mph - it will stay at 2700rpm at 70mph even on level highway (before May08 flash would be at 1900rpm same road) - if I do tow my boat (14ft aluminum boat and trailer - 1000 pounds total) it shifts extremely late with or without tow mode button on. Maybe the May08 flash is not a good combination with the tow mode option?
thats strange. i have never had that issue and i have the latest flash. only time it would do that is if i was accelerating

·
Registered
45 Posts
I thought one of the things that the tow button does was prevent using 6th?

And in towing mode it is supposed to stay in gear longer....resulting in getting to higher RPM's/HP

Also I had read online or the manual that people don't recommend using the tow button unless it is some serious towing...
that boat is the equiv of just having a handful of passengers in the car....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But now it does not go into 6th most (95%) of the time going above 65mph without the Tow Mode ON - and with the Tow Mode ON, it shifts much later with the RPMs usually between 3000 and 4000 RPM during all shifts (with mild acceleration, not aggressive).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts