Saturn Outlook Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
For those coming in on Thursday evening, if we want to get together for dinner, perhaps a restaurant suggestion list is in order:

From nearest to farthest from the hotel, minutes of driving time:

1-5 minutes away (the following 5 restaurants)
Outback steakhouse:
http://outback.com/restaurant/locations/MI/Lansing/Lansing/index.aspx

Cheddars:
http://www.cheddars.com/

Logan's Roadhouse:
http://www.logansroadhouse.com/geo/m002

Frank's Press Box:
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=802&bih=489&wrapid=tlif130701987946810&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=restaurant+guide+west+saginaw+lansing+mi&fb=1&gl=us&hq=restaurant+guide+west+saginaw&hnear=0x8822c01c7f318c37:0x4378b62389029d9e,Lansing,+MI&cid=5457620986721812875

Carrabbas:
http://dinersnation.com/restaurant-41899/Carrabbas_Italian_Grill/Lansing/MI

13 minutes, Clara's restaurant:
http://www.claras.com/LNindex.shtml

18 minutes, Buddies (Holt location, closest to the hotel....right down the street from me) :
http://www.buddiespubandgrill.com/

25 minutes, Old Chicago:
http://www.oldchicago.com/okemos

26 minutes, Olive Garden:
http://www.olivegarden.com/

There are more, but this gives an idea of the nicer places in town. I'm sure googling Lansing area restaurants will bring up many more. This will give us a start.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Any others coming in on Thursday who want to join us for dinner? And...any other votes for places to dine? I'm only counting hoffjny (Enclave forum), and Sailfish who are coming in on Thursday....there's got to be others, but I'm not pushing that everyone coming in Thurs. needs to meet with us, but trying to include everyone. ( I sent PM's to two local members to see if they want to join us....holtenclave (enclave forum) and Sunkahlua (acadia forum) who are both coming to the tour.

FYI: I have an e-mail in to the plant to verify the tour time. I'm asking for 9:30, and I think we should all shoot for 9am to arrive there....there is a video (plant safety) that needs to be watched prior to the tour. (sorry that this sounds last minute, but last year the time got changed the week of....so this year I'm not assuming anything)

I will post all final details here....stay tuned.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Okay you guys will probably laugh at me when you read this post. Anyway since I am pretty darn sure I will be driving in rain up to Lansing on Thursday I did some internet searching and, yep I did, I found a car wash.

Okay perhaps "kidsenclave" may have something negative to say about them but gosh darn I so want my Enclave to look sparkly for its visit back to the place where it was born.

http://www.relylocal.com/lansing-michigan/business_listings/kwik-car-wash#reviews

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hope you guys have fun :thumb:. Look around for some 19" or 20" OUTLOOK wheels for me ;) (with tires please) :D

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
6Sixathome said:
Hope you guys have fun :thumb:. Look around for some 19" or 20" OUTLOOK wheels for me ;) (with tires please) :D
;D :thumb:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Roll call:

If you could please say..."yes" so I can get a count. Only Outlook owners on here, I will have a separate roll call on the other forums, so even if you've been posting here, if you have an Acadia, Enclave, or Traverse...please visit those forums on the LDT Tour 2011 thread. Sorry about this, but just trying to keep things straight. Here are the OUTLOOK owners that I have listed in my records who are coming Friday for the tour (not talking about the Thursday dinner plans...that's a different topic). If you are on the list and NOT coming, say "no", if you are coming and are not on the list for some reason...please chime in, and specify number in your party. I need an accurate head count to tell the plant as soon as possible. Let's still meet at the plant at 9am on Friday, unless you hear different from me on this thread. Hopefully I get a confirmation tomorrow from the plant on the start time for the tour. Sorry if I'm repeating myself, but I know some don't read this whole thread...so trying to cover everything I can. OK...on with the roll call:

salguod
delta88

Thanks for doing this...I appreciate all of your patience on this. :thumb:

(this helps me know who I need to send PM's to)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yup, there will be 4 of us. :thumb:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Someone on the Enclave forum requested a recap of the addresses; hotel, plant, and restaurant (Thurs. evening):

Quality Suites Hotel

GM Lambda Meet

901 Delta Commerce Dr.
Lansing, MI 48917
[email protected]
(517) 886-0103 fax
(517) 886-0600 phone

Rate: $75.00 per night

Please tell them you are booking your room for the "GM Lambda Meet".

Delta Assembly Plant address:
8175 Millett Highway
Lansing, MI 48917

Logan's Roadhouse restaurant:

5800 W. Saginaw Hwy.
Lansing, MI 48917

Now you can all plug those into your Onstar, NAV, or whatever other GPS you use.

[/quote]

·
Registered
80 Posts
Official time: 9:00 am be at the plant, at the visitor center. (like we planned, but they actually asked if we could be any earlier and I said that's the earliest, because of those driving from out of town....they need to communicate a little better, my opinion...it's only 4 days away! :-\ ) We are not lining up in front of the visitor center like last year, they want us to park in the lot by the visitor center, and meet inside. I don't know for sure, but by the tone of the man I talked to there, we may not be able to do this tour again after this year. Sounds like they are short on help for "events" like this, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's real hard after this to get a tour scheduled. It's not like I didn't give them enough notice, I've been talking to them since January.

I hope all of you who need a hotel booked already, because I called there today and they said they held the 10 rooms for us till this past weekend, then had to book because they only had ONE person book under "Lambda Meet". I figured out that "hoffjny" also booked, but not under the reserved section (hopefully you got the reduced rate.) Anyway, this concerns me because I know there are a total of 5 "parties" coming from out of state, counting all forums, so I would have thought all of you would have been staying at the hotel. Keeping my fingers crossed that perhaps some of you booked under yourselves, and not under "Lambda Meet".

At any rate, don't let what I just said sour the mood....I'm still really excited for this tour, and meeting all of you.

Oh, and for those coming for dinner Thursday night at Logan's, it's all set for reservations at 7:00pm.
It's reserved under the name "Lambda". That's for those who are not meeting us first at the hotel lobby at 6:30, for those people we will all drive over there together, but still...good to know what the table reservations are under.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well, ran out of time to get the Outlook cleaned up. Tomorrow night is church and Thursday we travel. Did manage to pick up the trash, run a wet washcloth over the interior and vacuum it - in the dark. :banghead: No comments if it ain't sparkling like it ought to be. :sosad:

Trying to get ready for a camping trip the following week and just ran out of time & daylight. Besides, it's gonna rain tomorrow and Thursday anyway ... :mad:

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
salguod said:
Well, ran out of time to get the Outlook cleaned up. Tomorrow night is church and Thursday we travel. Did manage to pick up the trash, run a wet washcloth over the interior and vacuum it - in the dark. :banghead: No comments if it ain't sparkling like it ought to be. :sosad:

Trying to get ready for a camping trip the following week and just ran out of time & daylight. Besides, it's gonna rain tomorrow and Thursday anyway ... :mad:
RAIN! :angryfire:

Yea I know I am going to be driving to Lansing in rain Thursday. I had the Enclave cleaned yesterday afternoon and it looks pretty darn good, for now. :'( Although if the weather is decent Friday, really early in the morning, I may just have to take it out and get the outside cleaned. Inside...looks great so no worries there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Are we all going to be looking in each other's vehicles? I'm the same way, want it clean...but really, who's going to see it? Even if we take a photo of some together outside, a little dirt usually won't show in photos. BUT, I don't want to discourage people cleaning their vehicles for the occasion...just don't want undue stress put on everyone when it won't be that big a deal if there's some dirt inside or out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
:eek: Funny story, while on the way to meet everyone for dinner, we had a flat tire. Called Onstar and within 40 minutes, we were on our way. The tire pressure monitor did it's job, came on and said "check right front tire pressure", so I clicked over to the pressure monitor numbers, and when I noticed it dropping pressure about 1 pound per second, I thought I better stop, and it was flat, almost all the way and hissing air out as we sat there. (like I said, it was the right front tire...yeah, not the one you would want, wish it had been one of the back...but whatever). Anyway, got to the restaurant a few minutes late, and made for good dinner conversation. Everyone had a great time at dinner, and it was nice to put a
face to the names. In attendance were:

myself, wife and two daughters
Insti08 from Acadia forum, and his wife,
Holtenclave, from Enclave forum
Sunkahlua from Acadia forum
Sailfish
hoffjny, and his wife, from Enclave forum

Looking forward to the tour tomorrow where we meet the rest at 9am.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
09, is your tire repairable? Hope you all have a great time at LDT :thumb:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Soo, last minute work stuff has me pinned up in Big Rapids.

Im still gonna try and swing by. Might be around the area noonish?

ill be checking back in via phone as the day goes by.
Its like a two hour drive for me.

eep!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I'm here, did I miss it? Is there an after party somewhere?mm

·
Registered
80 Posts
6Sixathome said:
09, is your tire repairable? Hope you all have a great time at LDT :thumb:
Yes, it was repaired today....but not in time for the tour, so people saw my doughnut spare tire on the Enclave. :'(

delta88 said:
So I'm here, did I miss it? Is there an after party somewhere?mm
No, we went to lunch after the tour....I tried to contact you via a PM June 14th, sorry about that.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Here are the photos that were taken today from my camera, and the ones Lyle at the plant took.:

(you can see my doughnut spare tire on the right (passenger side) front..also including a close-up photo of it taken in my garage last night)

(rest of the photos will follow in my next post) The photo of the vehicles lined up is the people who went to lunch after the tour. You know me, on the far right....the rest I'll let you guess (or those in the picture can chime in and say...) Same goes for the group photos, people can chime in if they want their identity's known. The photos inside the plant were of half the group (sorry), that's the group I was in and Lyle took a couple shots with our camera. The outside group shots are of everyone who attended the tour. Thanks again for all those who drove a long distance, and/or took time off work to attend. Was nice to meet all of you, some for the second time!

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nice pics! (I can see them here for some reason.) Great tour as well, well worth the trip.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts