Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happens after extended trips after parking. Looked in my coolant reservior, and the dex cool is red/pink. Thoughts??

·
Registered
396 Posts
I assume it's leaking from under the engine? Maybe a pic of the area; I can't think of any green fluid that might leak

·
Registered
396 Posts
medicrxdoc said:
I think somebody on the Enclave forum had a green leak and it turned out to be "freon" or whatever the PC term is now.

Here is a link to the referenced Enclave post http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=6375.0
Oh that's right; I remember that thread now..........I think the green is a leak detector added to the refrigerant :thumb:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even though I haven't been running my A/C? Does it cycle or something upon startup? I thought my A/C was a little weak at the end of the summer...

Only other thing I could think of was I was low on power steering fluid and was wondering if they added something to aid in finding a leak.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
AA/78U said:
Oh that's right; I remember that thread now..........I think the green is a leak detector added to the refrigerant :thumb:
That's what I was thinking too.

·
Registered
754 Posts
have a blacklight? shine it on the stuff-- see if it glows.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only noticed it since it was in the snow, never seen it in my garage. Taking it to the dealer today, they're baffled. I'm thinking compressor oil or power steering fluid. I'm going to check the color of the PSF before I take it in. I checked the level, which was fine, but the dipstick is black. I hope there's still some sitting somewhere and they don't tell me they can't find anything since i'll be out of warranty in 10 miles!

·
Registered
754 Posts
this is the color of my power steering fluid in my 2010 Traverse (about 22,000 miles).
does NOT look green to me.
And NEW PS fluid is clear.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Turns out that a power steering hose AND a tranny cooler hose were leaking. They said that the power steering fluid can take on a green tinge before turning brown during aging. They'll be replacing both hoses.

Also mentioned noise while turning. They found a TSB on it and are replacing the steering rack.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
bloc0102 said:
Turns out that a power steering hose AND a tranny cooler hose were leaking. They said that the power steering fluid can take on a green tinge before turning brown during aging. They'll be replacing both hoses.

Also mentioned noise while turning. They found a TSB on it and are replacing the steering rack.
Did you run over something? Did the dealer say when the steering rack would be in?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not that I know of...the leaking tranny cooler hose was near the radiator, about half way up the engine compartment. I had taken it in due to squealing while turning and low power steering fluid about 5000 miles ago, they didn't find a leak then...

Steering rack should be in late next week.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
bloc0102 said:
Not that I know of...the leaking tranny cooler hose was near the radiator, about half way up the engine compartment. I had taken it in due to squealing while turning and low power steering fluid about 5000 miles ago, they didn't find a leak then...

Steering rack should be in late next week.
Sometimes even if they had something dripping on their head they still could'nt find the leak :help:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts