Saturn Outlook Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
maxxedout said:
Just had mine fixed and they said it was not the drain tubes but the seal around the moon roof . It had a gap in it, they replaced the seal and dryed up the water in the fuse box and carpet. Its been pouring here and not a leak yet. I am watching it like a hawk.
Yes that was another place my 07 Outlook was leaking as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just had my '08 Outlook in to a local Chevy dealer to have a leak looked at. A trip through the car wash left me with water running in through the center roof switches (funny, I didn't see a front seat shower on the options list). The verdict: Both drain tubes need replacement, and the roof seal is leaking in the front center and on the passenger side. Cost to get everything fixed, around $450. Thanks to information on this forum and in other places I quickly became aware of sunroof issues on these vehicles, and I opened a case with GM. I'm supposed to find out on Monday whether GM will pick up any of the tab for this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
orca17 said:
Just had my '08 Outlook in to a local Chevy dealer to have a leak looked at. A trip through the car wash left me with water running in through the center roof switches (funny, I didn't see a front seat shower on the options list). The verdict: Both drain tubes need replacement, and the roof seal is leaking in the front center and on the passenger side. Cost to get everything fixed, around $450. Thanks to information on this forum and in other places I quickly became aware of sunroof issues on these vehicles, and I opened a case with GM. I'm supposed to find out on Monday whether GM will pick up any of the tab for this.
I fixed my fixed sunroof leak for about $4 by caulking it with a clear all weather silicone. Some others have you used black instead of clear. Can only see it when you're above vehicle and it doesn't look too bad. Most importantly it keeps water out. Cancels out need for drain tubes. Just caulk the opening around sunroof and run your finger around it to flatten or depress it. Now if it's your front sunroof then that is a different story. Can't caulk that one ::). Just a cheaper working option for you instead of paying $450.

·
Registered
161 Posts
RobXR said:
I fixed my fixed sunroof leak for about $4 by caulking it with a clear all weather silicone. Some others have you used black instead of clear. Can only see it when you're above vehicle and it doesn't look too bad. Most importantly it keeps water out. Cancels out need for drain tubes. Just caulk the opening around sunroof and run your finger around it to flatten or depress it. Now if it's your front sunroof then that is a different story. Can't caulk that one ::). Just a cheaper working option for you instead of paying $450.
Silicone is the worst stuff to put on the roof of a car. It isn't made to stand the extremes of weather the roof of these have combined with the vibrations. It works well at first but with in 6 months or so the problem will come back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was in the same boat. All of the recalls had been preformed. I took it upon myself to remove the headliner and check on everything myself. Running a hose over the roof and checking for leaks. There are a few small holes located around the rear sunroof that are used during production. They are not filled with enough sealant and can start to leak. After filling the holes as well as several other areas around the rear sunroof everything is great without any reoccurance of leakage into the interior.

If you need pictures I have them somewhere and can dig them up.
MSG
Hi,

If you could send/post pics please.
Thanks
Maribel

21 - 25 of 25 Posts