Saturn Outlook Forum banner

Do you own/want Leather or Cloth interior?

• Cloth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N/A

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please choose which interior material you purchased, or would want if you did buy an Outlook.

·
Registered
11 Posts
cloth all the way. got one 3 year old and my wife is 6 months preg with kid number 2. car seats dont mess up the cloth like they do leather, plus the two dogs wont scratch it all up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, but nothing messes up cloth like a spilled sippy cup of milk or a soda. And while we try to ban drinks from the car....we will be getting leather to wipe up spills instead of having deeply embedded spills that are impossible to ever fully clean and will pad under the car seats with a towel or mat of some sort.

·
Registered
65 Posts
mama2girls said:
we will be getting leather to wipe up spills instead of having deeply embedded spills that are impossible to ever fully clean and will pad under the car seats with a towel or mat of some sort.
This is exactly what we do do avoid car seat damage to the leather.

·
Registered
11 Posts
mama2girls said:
Yeah, but nothing messes up cloth like a spilled sippy cup of milk or a soda. And while we try to ban drinks from the car....we will be getting leather to wipe up spills instead of having deeply embedded spills that are impossible to ever fully clean and will pad under the car seats with a towel or mat of some sort.
i leave the plug in the sippy cups so nothing spills out when the get tipped upside down. we've had an accident allready cause mcdonalds filled the cup too much and then put the lid on it with coloa spilling out of the top. the cup tipped over when i was turning and the cola didnt soak into the seat at all. it just sat there and puddled up until i soaked it up with a napkin.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, when sippy cups that get hurled or flung, the valve can pop out. Then they leak. I have never had a soda just sit and wait to be soaked up with a napkin - that is amazing! My husband had a can of Coke left by accident in his car while at work....in the summer in Phoenix. The explosion was not pretty. You see, with fabrics and carpet, stains get down deep and you think they have come clean. Until they work their way to the top again. This is called "wicking". We are still spot treating soda stains in his car from 3 years ago. You think that it is finally clean. It has been steam extraction cleaned 3 times. But, darks spots still work their way to the surface again. I have no idea what my kids to do the back seat of my Accord but it takes a beating. I would rather use a Mr. clean Magic eraser and leather conditioner than keep re-scrubbing the same old stains in the seats. I am done. Give me leather. I don't wear short shorts or skirts so I don't need to worry about hot seats on my legs. It is not cold here ever so I don't need to worry about cold seats. There are easy solutions to protect the leather from car seats. I have never been in a family vehicle with leather that has that weird kiddo smell...like it has absorbed cracker crumbs and drips of milk and playdoh from preschool.

Good thing there are choices, right, and we can choose what works best for us!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'll be getting leather, but only because it's needed for heated seats.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wanted cloth. I am a woman who likes to wear shorts and skirts. I live in the central valley of CA where it gets 110 in the summer almost every day...I HATE sticking to leather seats. My husbands last car had leather and it was horrible. His new car has leather as well but it is more of a suede type, not a vinyl type of leather. But thankfully we take my car everywhere. With 3 kids, the Outlook is a lot roomier than a Grand Prix!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I live in Phoenix and we don't need leather or heated seats either. So I'm going for cloth seats when I order my vehicle. :thumb:
We also have our two cocker spaniels with us when we travel and we are afraid that their claws might damage leather seats. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well just picked up a black leather XR - didn't really want to pay for leather...but with the deal we got....couldn't pass it up.

Since there wasn't any good cloth setups left in the state.

Am a little concerned with leather (first leather vehicle), scratches, summer heat (MN), etc.....but figure i will just treat it early with some good conditioner (Meguiers, or some such) and hope it holds up to a dog/campin.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Black XR leather here. Love. Easy to clean, durable, no smell. Cloth + Kids = smelly stained car IMHO

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cloth here! My Enclave is a CX, which comes with the cloth. We love it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Leather all the way.......... :thumb:
The cloth just looks chincy. :-[ Prolly needs a more quality/expensive look.
John

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't have leather seats, but I'm in the process of upgrading to leather seats. The seats that are in the car are nice, and I like them; so I decided to just cover them with leather.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts