Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I bought some led bulbs to replace my rear turn signal regular ones and am wondering if anybody had done it and if it was really necessary to replace the flasher relay to control the speed of the new LED units?

Cheers

·
Registered
396 Posts
There isn't a flasher relay in this vehicle; the flash rate and sound are generated/controlled by the BCM

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for you reply, I didn't know this detail. I hope teh BCM will be able to adjust the flash speed for the new led lamps. I am still waiting for the bulbs to arrive and I will follow up after I try to install them.

cheers
Paulo

·
Registered
396 Posts
Unfortunately; I don't think the BCM will recognize that LED's are installed since it doesn't come from the factory with them installed. Does the flash rate need to be adjusted due to LED lights being installed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
based on what I saw in some websites I might have to add a "load equalizer" to mimic the same incandesent bulb current to each led bulb.
It would be simpler if I could just replace a flasher relay, but as the outlook has none, this is not an option. I am plamnning to do this in my Kia Forte

Cheers

·
Registered
201 Posts
paulotuco said:
Hi everyone,
I bought some led bulbs to replace my rear turn signal regular ones and am wondering if anybody had done it and if it was really necessary to replace the flasher relay to control the speed of the new LED units?

Cheers
What is the objective of swapping out incandescent bulbs in your Outlook with LED bulbs? Just wondering why you'd want to do that. The lights/signals on the Outlook are quite bright/visible to begin with. Customizing perhaps?!?

Acadia has LED brake lights. But I've seen some posts about owners having to replace/fix when one of the LED's goes out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
BigTallV said:
What is the objective of swapping out incandescent bulbs in your Outlook with LED bulbs? Just wondering why you'd want to do that. The lights/signals on the Outlook are quite bright/visible to begin with. Customizing perhaps?!?

Acadia has LED brake lights. But I've seen some posts about owners having to replace/fix when one of the LED's goes out.
How these led lights perform. I have never used them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts