Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to replace my licence plate lamp to an LED equivalent just like the Lexus IS250. The LED lamp produces a very impressive white glow to the license plate. I have searched and searched, but I guess they don't have a replacement yet for the bulb. The bulb number for the outlook is: 194. If anyone has information on this, I'd like to know! If I could find out myself, I'll post where to purchase it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just replaced the lamps to the super white LED....WOW!!!! Quite impressive! Now if I could just get to the back lights (housing) then I would change out to the red LED lamps. I ordered my replacements through www.superbrightleds.com[/color]. I ordered 2 WLED-WHP Pure white High Power leds[/color]. They are $4.95 a piece. They are polarized, so if you put them on and they don't light up, turn them 180 degrees and it will light up. I wrote the company back because I was really impressed with their FAST service! I would like to use the company again once I find out what the other light lamps for the Outlook are. I've tried to google "Saturn Outlook lamp/bulb replacement" but could not get any results. I'm guessing the service manual from the dealer (service department) would have it. Don't know how much the manual costs.

Prior to replacing the bulbs on the license plate, I've put them on the footwell area. The bulbs are 168. the 194 LED fits perfect. I particularly did not like the look of the pure white. I have the tan/black interior. It gave it a flourecent glow. I prefer the stock bulb. I would also like to change out the fog lamps to LED. In anycase, I'm very happy with the look at night time. Gives it a nice custom look!! I encourage all Outlook owners to change them out. Easy to do and cheap!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I replaced the license plate bulbs on my '06 Azera for that same effect that the Lexus cars have. It really does look good. I'll be doing the same thing to our Outlook as soon as the dealer calls us to let us know it's in.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just replaced my lights with the super white LED's. They are tight!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Tough to get a good picture at night, I will try. It is only 4.95 per bulb + shipping is $5.

·
Registered
49 Posts
allanf72 said:
This sounds cool - anyone have any pictures?
If you want an idea of how it looks, just take a look at the back end of most new Lexus vehicles at night...you'll see the difference.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Check in your local Auto Zone, Pep Boys or Advanced Auto for the bulbs first. I found the white LED's for the license plate bulbs for my car in Pep Boys and paid $6.99 each. It was worth it as I didn't have to wait on them to arrive.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Unfortunately, I can't help you on that. I purchased mine about 4 months ago. However, make sure you get the bulbs that have the concave top as the light shines out from the top of the bulb as well as the sides. If you get the regular rounded top bulb, the light really only shines out from the top. I found this out when I tried using the rounded ones in my side marker lights and realized you only saw the bright light when you standing directly in front of the bulb on the side of the car.

Anyway, when you go into the store, they may not be where the light bulb section is. I know when I found them, they had them where all the custom accessories were located. So look for stuff like the neon light kits and such and you should be able to find the LED bulbs there.

·
Registered
117 Posts
SilverXR said:
JF7FSU,

Which ones did you get? the ones from Superlightsled.com or lightlens.com?

Thanks for any info....
I got mine from superbrightleds.com I got the 2 WLED-WHP Pure white High Power leds recommended by Eddie Cee. They look fantastic, it will be the cheapest upgrade you will do.

·
Registered
49 Posts
SilverXR said:
So, what type of effect does the Pure white led's give via the rear plates... Just curious.
Instead of that dull yellow light that you mainly see shining down, it's a clearer, brigher white light. It's hard to explain how it looks, the only thing I can tell you is to look for any of the newer Lexus vehicles at night...you'll see the difference immediately.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It gives it a nice "Xenon" glow that matches my HID as opposed to the old yellowish cast. It is a preferrence. I really like it...Had a handful of guys comment on it. I noticed a few sport jap coupes come right up to my blind spot behind me...I'm assuming they are looking at the whitetish cast, then they speed off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
eddie cee said:
I just replaced the lamps to the super white LED....WOW!!!! Quite impressive! Now if I could just get to the back lights (housing) then I would change out to the red LED lamps. I ordered my replacements through www.superbrightleds.com[/color]. I ordered 2 WLED-WHP Pure white High Power leds[/color]. They are $4.95 a piece. They are polarized, so if you put them on and they don't light up, turn them 180 degrees and it will light up. I wrote the company back because I was really impressed with their FAST service! I would like to use the company again once I find out what the other light lamps for the Outlook are. I've tried to google "Saturn Outlook lamp/bulb replacement" but could not get any results. I'm guessing the service manual from the dealer (service department) would have it. Don't know how much the manual costs.

Prior to replacing the bulbs on the license plate, I've put them on the footwell area. The bulbs are 168. the 194 LED fits perfect. I particularly did not like the look of the pure white. I have the tan/black interior. It gave it a flourecent glow. I prefer the stock bulb. I would also like to change out the fog lamps to LED. In anycase, I'm very happy with the look at night time. Gives it a nice custom look!! I encourage all Outlook owners to change them out. Easy to do and cheap!

WOW, I just got them in the mail and took 2 min to install and dang that looks awesome...Thanks Eddie....That website was so quick too!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
SilverXR said:
So, what type of effect does the Pure white led's give via the rear plates... Just curious.
Just look for a newer model Lexus at night and take a look at the license plate area, you'll see the difference. Mine aren't as bright as what comes on the Lexus, but the affect is there. I hate that dull yellow light shining down on the plate. The purer white light looks so much better. ::)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts