Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When using remote or pushing button to open or close lifgate it will close and then re-open. Only way to keep closed is if you turn off button and use manual mode. Also when in manual mode will try and open with clicking noise and wont stop until you lock the doors. This happens whether use use buttons or remote.
Took back to the dealer and they said they made an adjustment to the rear trim and it worked. brought home and started acting up gain. Also found in the user manual that the gate may malfunction in extrem weather and recommends going to manual. the weather in Atlanta has been extemely hot. Have owned this vehicle for two weeks

That comment conserns me and makes me think this is not safe

help

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't have the automated lift gate but after washing it and cleaning out the backend this weeked the lift gate hung up and would not open. I tried to lock it and unlock and severla other things nothing worked. Took it to the dealer today and there seems to be somthing wrong with the latch mechanism. Parts on order the usual.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
lgausling said:
When using remote or pushing button to open or close lifgate it will close and then re-open. Only way to keep closed is if you turn off button and use manual mode. Also when in manual mode will try and open with clicking noise and wont stop until you lock the doors. This happens whether use use buttons or remote.
Took back to the dealer and they said they made an adjustment to the rear trim and it worked. brought home and started acting up gain. Also found in the user manual that the gate may malfunction in extrem weather and recommends going to manual. the weather in Atlanta has been extemely hot. Have owned this vehicle for two weeks

That comment conserns me and makes me think this is not safe
Can this happen with the car locked? I am imagining your liftgate opening in the parking lot at the mall -- while you are in the movies..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem with my Outlook liftgate. Saturn dealer swapped out the switch in the liftgate and the problem was solved.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I took song long to respond. What they found is that the Vinyl plate or treshold was not installed properly.
Some of the vinyl contacts were bent over and not inserted into the slots which when the temperature was in the 90's and 100 range would cause the contacts to raise the plate and in turn cause the gate to open back up thinking something was in the way. Hard to explain. Anyway they have orderd a new plate and should be in by tihs weekend. I'm very pleased in the way my dealer respsonded to my problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
installing new threshold today. Will let you know if that fixes problem. By the way, if you have a flat or your tire pressure goes down more than ten pounds the tire sensor puts a message on the display. Oonly way to remove the error message is to have the dealer reprogram your computer at a cost of $85. Not good

·
Registered
51 Posts
lgausling said:
By the way, if you have a flat or your tire pressure goes down more than ten pounds the tire sensor puts a message on the display. Oonly way to remove the error message is to have the dealer reprogram your computer at a cost of $85. Not good
That can't be right, that would be ridiculous.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The DIC can relearn the tire pressure without the dealer, read the manual. You have to inflate them and then release like 10lbs and then relearn the positions. Sounds like you got had for about $75 too much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I bought an 07 Outlook. I don't have the power liftgate but periodically the liftgate would ajar when I unlock the car. So after I start the ignition the "Liftgate Open" warning sign comes on. The liftgate is not completely open but ajar. So I have to get out and push the liftgate shut. I had the dealer diagnose the problem and said I needed a new switch installed.

It didn't solve the problem completely. The frequency has lessened but still happens a few times daily. I will be taking it to the dealer AGAIN!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Regalace said:
Silly question...(I'm too lazy to look ;)) How do you place it in manual mode? Thanks
There is a switch on the dash under the HVAC controls. If you push the top of the switch it opens the lift gate, if you push the bottom it locks out the auto lift gate and requires you to open it manually.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts