Saturn Outlook Forum banner

Looking at getting an outlook?

9K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  salguod 
#1 ·
Hello, new to the forum. You guys have provided some great info. Similar to a post back a few days I am looking at purchasing a outlook. They sweet rigs for the price. Just wanted to get some thoughts. The rig we are looking at is a 08 xr loaded with everything except DVD and back up cameras. It has only 17000 miles on. Anythoughts

#2 ·
Wow; very low miles :thumb: You can get a Carfax report and also a GMVIS report to show what has been done to the vehicle. Your dealer can acquire both of those reports for you. How much do they want for it?

#5 ·
Jay2380, :welcome:

Like AA/78U said, get a Carfax and a GMVIS report on it. That sure is loooooooooooooooooow miles for an '08 but I guess we have forum members on the 4 boards that dont drive that much either so maybe the one you are looking at is a cupcake :)

#7 ·
Jay2380 said:
Instead of starting a new post I will ask here along with my previous question. With the water leaks, when do they occur, is it when they are brand new or does it happen over time?

Thanks
It's a crap shoot with the '07's & '08's if it's a leaker or not. There are more members that have not had a leaker than those that have. There was a sunroof draintube recall for the '07 & '08 MY. Most who have had it done did'nt have a leaker to begin with. The GMVIS report will tell you if it's been done or not. Look for a stained headliner. I had a '07 bought back or replaced with the '09 that I have now for this issue. Start reading here http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4311.msg155705;topicseen#new.

#8 ·
Called the service dept at the stealership and got the report on this rig. It looks pretty good so far. It has been in for regular service has had all recall work done, no leaks issues( considering it is in one of the wettest areas of our country). It did have 2 jump starts back at 6500 & 7000mi due to leaving the lights on. Nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe it is a good one but is still barely broke in with only 17000mi! Carfax and autocheck are both good as well.

Thanks for any thoughts

#10 ·
Jay2380 said:
With my trade, out the door at $22000.
With your trade? How much is your trade? The real question is is it a fair price before trade.

Personally, I'd look for newer. '07s and '08s have more issues than '09 or '10. My '10 with 12K a year ago was $29,700 before my trade in. Several of '10s on eBay for under $30K with mileage under 20K, one as low as $24K. There's one loaded with 20's, sunroofs, DVD, etc for $35K. Never seen a '10 that loaded, or that pricey, before.

#11 ·
Jay2380 said:
Called the service dept at the stealership and got the report on this rig. It looks pretty good so far. It has been in for regular service has had all recall work done, no leaks issues( considering it is in one of the wettest areas of our country). It did have 2 jump starts back at 6500 & 7000mi due to leaving the lights on. Nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe it is a good one but is still barely broke in with only 17000mi! Carfax and autocheck are both good as well.

Thanks for any thoughts
Sounds pretty good, I'd try to get them down to 20ish and see if they cry the blues.

#12 ·
My wife had been working this deal. So I called the stealership today to see if I could get them down to 20k and they would not have any of that. The original asking was 29k my trade is only worth 4 or 5k. To me they are way out of the range for any other 08 I have seen or even 09s for that matter. F-m I will take my business somewhere else. It might be awhile but I gues good things come to those that wait.

#13 ·
Oh yeah, $29K is too much for an '08, even with low miles. My '10 had fewer miles and was $29,700 a year ago.

Check eBay, still a couple dozen '10s there, most under 20K miles and I've only ever seen 1 over $30K.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.