Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother just took delivery of his Outlook but got one without the roof rails and now wants to add them. It looks like Saturn doesn't sell them separately. Has anyone found a place to buy the roof rails? If he can't find them in the next week or so he is going to return it and upgrade to the next package. The salesman wasn't happy to hear that.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The best he'd be able to do is add ones from Thule or something, but he'll never find ones that look like OEM.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah, the roof rails along the side could be ordered from a Saturn dealers parts department, but it might be pretty involved as far as the bars and all the attachment pieces.

If he wanted them, why the heck would he take one that didn't have the upgrade package? Pretty hard to even make that a mistake by a dealer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
He always has the opportunity to do the Saturn Exchange program, you get 30 days to exchange the vehicle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
caddycruiser said:
If he wanted them, why the heck would he take one that didn't have the upgrade package? Pretty hard to even make that a mistake by a dealer.
Here in Canada the preferred package (power seat and roof rails, whoever thought of putting those together as an option package should be fired!) is $880 PLUS the crossbars (another $300 or so). So basically, to have 2 bars on your roof it is about $1200 out of your pocket! I don't blame your friend for not letting GM take him to the cleaners. I'd check around for some Thule or SportRack bars, I am sure there is a pair that will fit from one of those two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts