Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have had this problem on my 07 Outlook. Loss of power steering after going through even a very small puddle, quite dangerous sometimes. First owner never got this fixed. I found a thread over on the Acadia forum on this and the service bulletin (#07-02-32-010). Basically its a known design flaw and they add splash guards. I brought it in for a few things including this, they acknowledge the problem but neither GM nor may Majorgaurd full extended warranty will pay for it (~$400). The other posts in Acadia land imply GM is paying for this. I called Majorgaurd and no luck. Any advice on how Saturn owners got this paid for?

·
Registered
396 Posts
mr said:
Hi,

I have had this problem on my 07 Outlook. Loss of power steering after going through even a very small puddle, quite dangerous sometimes. First owner never got this fixed. I found a thread over on the Acadia forum on this and the service bulletin (#07-02-32-010). Basically its a known design flaw and they add splash guards. I brought it in for a few things including this, they acknowledge the problem but neither GM nor may Majorgaurd full extended warranty will pay for it (~$400). The other posts in Acadia land imply GM is paying for this. I called Majorgaurd and no luck. Any advice on how Saturn owners got this paid for?
I remember reading about this and IIRC not too many members were having this issue. You could always play "this is a safety issue" (because it is) and press the dealer to pay for this.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I found this information using a link someone had posted over on the Traverse (I believe) Forum about GM Maintenance. Playing around with the link, it is actually a lot more than just maintenance information.

Using your document number, this is what the problem is with losing power steering when driving through puddles. You should be able to look and see if you have the first or second design of inner wheel well by comparing the picture shown in the document.

If you have the first design, I would think you can get the dealer to do the modification as spelled out in the document. It gives the part numbers, instructions, labor time, and warranty information for the dealer to use. I don't see how the dealer could refuse doing this work IF you have the first design part.

Worst case, you could always buy the parts and do the mod yourself, or find a second design wheel well from the salvage yard and do it yourself.

http://sm.gpona.com:9001/si/showDoc...eel+Well+Front+Liners)&releaseDate=2007-11-08

·
Registered
201 Posts
ls973800 said:
I found this information using a link someone had posted over on the Traverse (I believe) Forum about GM Maintenance. Playing around with the link, it is actually a lot more than just maintenance information....

http://sm.gpona.com:9001/si/showDoc...eel+Well+Front+Liners)&releaseDate=2007-11-08
GM Service Information. I've found SI referenced in other documents. Thanks for the link. Search capability on that page is handy for sure.

EDIT: Check that... really liking that SI link. A veritable treasure trove. Many thanks.

/BTV

·
Registered
396 Posts
Very nice link; especially when you click home in the upper right hand corner and that takes you back to the start :thumb:

·
Registered
214 Posts
EDIT: Check that... really liking that SI link. A veritable treasure trove. Many thanks.

Very nice link; especially when you click home in the upper right hand corner and that takes you back to the start

That's why I posted it here once I saw there was a lot more to it other than just the topic title "GM Maintenance". I had seen the original post for a day or two, but never clicked on it because I didn't need another maintenance website or source.

The other day I finally clicked on it and did some searching on it, and that's when I found it was anything but a maintenance link. I have found some useful information already even though I have a 2010 Traverse.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I like how you can input your VIN and it pulls every campaign/bulletin for your particular vehicle :thumb:

·
Registered
252 Posts
It is very useful. It just isn't the most up to date information. The main page has "SI DVD 2008.03
Last updated September 29, 2008."

I like that it's free.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Apparently it only goes up through the 09 model year

1 - 10 of 10 Posts