Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My 08 fwd makes a whining sound at low speed. It almost sounds like it's low on power steering fluid. I've checked the fluid and it's good. Is this a normal sound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey there,

I see you didn't notice any fluid leaks which is good. However, because you're having this steering noise we definitely feel you should take your vehicle in for an inspection. We typically recommend visiting your nearest GM Certified dealership and we'd be more than happy to contact them on your behalf. Feel free to private message us with your VIN, mileage, and updated contact information if interested.

Amber N.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
19 Posts
When you refer to low speed, what do you mean exactly by that? Are you referring to low VEHICLE speed? Or low ENGINE speed, like when you're stopped just idling.

Sometimes, bleeding the system can fix this problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am experiencing the same thing. Sounds like it is coming from the passenger rear side area. I'm thinking maybe a bearing but not certain. It occurs when driving at city speeds 20-35mph and is present regardless of engine speed or coasting, thus my theory of a bearing. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had a Rear wheel bearing go bad. The symptoms were that if I changed lanes on the highway it made a noise. Left lane change it was noisy, right lane change it was quiet. It turned out to be the left bearing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts