Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Saturn Outlook XE and only the driver’s window stopped working. When it stopped working I heard a high pitched noise as if something was electronically failing. With the window down 2 inches, I tore the door panel off, directly hooked battery leads to the window motor and the window went up and down with ease. I concluded that the switch itself was probably bad, so I purchased and installed a new one. The same situation is occurring and only the driver’s window will not work. I connected 12 volts to the window motor again and it works with ease. I now know that it’s not the motor or the switch causing this problem.

I detached all electrical connections, applied electrical conductive grease to the connections and nothing changed. While pressing the switch, it only allows 1.3 volts to travel to the motor. The interesting thing is that the longer the switch is depressed, the higher the voltage progressively gets. It times out before 2 volts though from what I believe is a safety cutoff feature in the switch. I’m generally pretty good with 12 volt systems but this one has me completely stumped. Any insight?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts