Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since all Lambdas have the same underpinnings, the Acadia is fairly close to the Outlook in appearance and all three current models are reasonably close in price, please vote on which factor was most important in your choice to purchase an Outlook over the Acadia or Enclave. If more than one applies, please choose the one you would rank as the most important.

·
Registered
13 Posts
For me it was mostly availability. Saturn had 1.9% financing on 2007 Outlooks at the end of last year. GMC may have had the same deal, I don't remember, but I don't think there were any 2007 GMCs left in the area. There were three 2007 Outlooks left in my metro area when I went in on Thursday, December 27th to get my first close up look at a Lambda. They all had the same options. When I brought my husband back on the 28th for a test drive, they were down to two. After our extended test drive, we sat down to deal, and they were down to one - the demo sitting in the showroom with 5000 miles on it. It had everything on it that I really needed, except for the towing package. I only use my trailer hitch for a bike rack, though, so I will just get one added later.

I am loving my Outlook! I traded in an Equinox - the Outlook has SO much more room. And I love the remote start. I didn't think I needed it, but I use it ALL the time. I also love being able to open the hatch with the fob.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This poll is a good idea.....considering the outlook out sells the other lamdas per store it would be nice to know why...
I choose vehicle design....
Key1

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm waiting on my ordered 2008 Outlook XR...I haggled back and forth between the Acadia and the Outlook and what did it for me was the interior features of the Outlook especially the Tan Interior over the Titanium and the wood grain look. I also could not makeup my mind on the color of White Diamond or the Red Jewel...I selected the WHT Diamond...although I'm having regrets that maybe I should have ordered the Red Jewel. I'm considering calling the Dealer and having them change the color at the plant before they build it...

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
1. I think it looks better.
2. Brand loyalty - our first was an 98 SW1.
3. Better customer service than other dealers in the area.

·
Registered
20 Posts
khansen30 said:
1. I think it looks better.
2. Brand loyalty - our first was an 98 SW1.
3. Better customer service than other dealers in the area.
Same here.

1. Vehicle design
2. Brand loyalty - our first was a 98 SC2
3. Best customer and vehicle service in the area

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't understand why such a big deal is made over Saturn's "no haggle policy"....and no one even picked that in the poll as the primary reason for purchasing.
Key1

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven't bought an Outlook yet (and the way gas is going up, I may wait awhile), but I HATE HAGGLING... That is why I have had only Saturns since 1994.

I refuse to deal with slimy salespeople.. And yes, I know there are some at Saturn - I have run into a few that tried to get me to buy a VUE when I told them I wanted an Outlook.. But at least the experience isn't all drama like it is at other makes dealerships. :angryfire:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Acording to the indicator line above this topic was viewed over 450 times and only 22 people voted :sosad:
I hope the upcoming elections get a better turn out...
Key1

·
Registered
17 Posts
the 450 views could be explained by people coming back to read the updated comments maybe? I know this is my 2nd time at least on this thread...the first time though, I voted :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,

First post, picking up our 08 Outlook XE tonight. I would say the biggest issue to us was the Saturn customer service. Looked at both the Acadia and Outlook and found the customer service at our local GMC store was pretty bad. The experiece at Saturn was almost the complet opposite, nice easy and quick transaction. :thumb:

·
Registered
75 Posts
There were several reasons, my wife has had 3 Saturns before this one, we traded in an 04 VUE and Saturn gave us $2000 more than GMC would, the Saturn after matching option for option was $2000 less, that's a $4000 difference in Saturn's favor. Also my wife loves the tan leather, GMC had titanium, black and brick, yuk. I like the exterior of the Outlook more. The Acadia seemed to have less road noise, not by my much, but quieter and the seats were more comfy, but the Saturn won on pricing and looks. Also we wanted the red jewel, GMC only looked at was around in stock, which didn't get us what we wanted in options. When we went into Saturn, they looked, couldn't find one, so they ordered it, no issue.

Also didn't like the brushed aluminum in the Acadia, the faux wood looks so much better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts