Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at an 08 Outlook XE FWD to purchase - just had it checked out by a 3rd party mechanic who said it looks fine except for a loud power steering noise...the tech that test drove the vehicle said it got louder the longer he droce it...possibly a steering pump issue (roughly $420 - $480) I researched repairs on the 08 models from this forum and others and it appears this is a common problem. We can negotiate the repair cost in the price or have them repair, either way. My question is, can anyone provide a GMVIS report on VIN# 5GZER13778J143400? The carfax report looks fine, with no service records and only two owners. Greatly Appreciated -Ric

·
Registered
353 Posts
@blaric, your best avenue to try to get this information would be to contact your local GM dealership and provide them with the VIN. They should be able to get what information is in the system to you.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
blaric said:
Looking at an 08 Outlook XE FWD to purchase - just had it checked out by a 3rd party mechanic who said it looks fine except for a loud power steering noise...the tech that test drove the vehicle said it got louder the longer he droce it...possibly a steering pump issue (roughly $420 - $480) I researched repairs on the 08 models from this forum and others and it appears this is a common problem. We can negotiate the repair cost in the price or have them repair, either way. My question is, can anyone provide a GMVIS report on VIN# 5GZER13778J143400? The carfax report looks fine, with no service records and only two owners. Greatly Appreciated -Ric
I can't think of a gm car I have owned that didn't have a noisy power steering pump. Are you getting from a dealer? Have them replace it before purchase.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts