Saturn Outlook Forum banner

How many could make it, if we had an all Lambda meet in Lansing MI this summer, 2010? Select all tha

• Yes, for sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, absolutely not

• Anytime

• Weekend only

• Want tour of Delta Plant

• Do not want tour of Delta Plant

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...here's the big question? How many of you would be interested in having a meet (all Lambda models) in Lansing MI (or nearby area) this summer, 2010? I was wondering also, if it's possible for me to get a tour arranged.....how many would be interested in that? And lastly, if you ARE interested, any input on how we go about getting this arranged? (I can take care of the tour part, I have "connections") I just want to make sure it's worthwile before trying to set it up. Also, would like to know what months people can make it, so if you put down, in a message...it's not part of the poll above....what months will work, we will go from there. Will have to go with the majority, for example, if I only have one person want May, but 10 want June, than the majority vote would have to win, sound fair?

Side note: Yesterday, I ran into a man visiting at our church, who works at the Delta Plant in the testing area. (Boy, I'm sure there's tons of questions people would have for him). I was nice to him, didn't want to get into all the issues people have, because most of that wouldn't apply to what he does. I told him about the forums and about some people having concerns, but didn't get specific. This guy tests the vehicles right after they come off the assembly line...., and has to diagnose/fix any issues, anything from a no start to things concerning fit and finish, etc. Sounds like a fun job, since it's not dealing with customers being unhappy, he's fixing things before they go to the dealer. You would not believe how many things they have to check, and would be surprised to find out they do in fact correct even the simplest of problems before the vehicle leaves the plant. For example, if they see a wire is crimped wrong, where it could be a problem, they fix it. Anyway, this guy is not the one I talk to about tours, but he said the one who I got a tour with last year still works there, and he said they do have large groups come thru sometimes, either a walking tour, or if it's big enough, they have some sort of train thing we can ride in...that would be cool. Last year I just took the walking tour because we had less then 10 people in our group. (but I don't know what the cutoff is for a walking tour).

Anyway, share your thoughts, and vote on the poll above, so I can get an idea how many would be interested in a meet.

IMPORTANT: Only vote one time, I will have this on all 4 forums, so only vote on the forum that IS your vehicle. That way, I can see how many from each vehicle will want to come

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I wish I could attend but I have "unique" business to where summer is my busy time and I cannot get away :sosad:. It really sounds like fun though :hyper:. I would love to tour LDT even though they dont make the OUTLOOK any more :sosad: :sosad: :sosad: :sosad:.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sent an e-mail to the man at the plant who does the tours. I've got a bunch of dates (Fridays and Saturdays) in June, July, and Aug., to run by him. Starting with the dates I could actually go.... ...then we'll see what he has available, then I'll post all available dates here, and put it up for a vote, sound good?

OH, and YES, all significant others would be invited too....but no kids under 12, is their rule....which I know might pose some problems with those traveling from out of town, sorry about that....believe me, I understand any frustration there....I wanted to take my kids last year, but had to get a babysitter.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
09, I wish that you could get a bigger response over here. I still would love to go :sosad: :binky:.

·
Registered
396 Posts
6Sixathome said:
09, I wish that you could get a bigger response over here. I still would love to go :sosad: :binky:.
Everyone is on the AF

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
6Sixathome said:
true dat :mope:
I haven't been on this forum in quite awhile, but I came back to see what's going on; not much as I expected. Oh well I can learn some more about my 2nd favorite Lambda :thumb:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
AA/78U-Blue Gold said:
I haven't been on this forum in quite awhile, but I came back to see what's going on; not much as I expected. Oh well I can learn some more about my 2nd favorite Lambda :thumb:
I learn everything from the ACADIA forum ;D, that's where it's at :thumb:.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE: G O O D N E W S!!!!!!!! The date for this tour will be June 25th, that's a Friday....they don't do Saturday tours.
The guy at the plant called me today, and was very enthusiastic about having this meet/tour, and mentioned other things that are going on that weekend in our area. A Lugnuts baseball game in downtown Lansing, with fireworks that night Friday. there are hotels that he has connections for getting good rates for, and is excited....would love this to be a big event. He says that we should limit it to 50 people, for which he can take 15 to 20 per tour, and would be able to do more than one that day. (Morning, and afternoon times). All I need now is a count for how many of you can make it. Hopefully this is enough notice for you all to make the plans.

According to the comments in this thread, here's the Outlook (sorry, it said Enclave...I just fixed that typo) folks who said before they want to come (I'll post the other Lambda people on the correct forum):

NO ONE (come one Outlook people, we need someone(s) to come to represent the Outlook, even if it's not being built now, all of your vehicles WERE built at the Delta Plant, so hopefully some of you would like to see how it was made)

I know it's kind of hard for those coming out of town, but at least this is a for sure date, it's approved with the guy at the plant, and he has it on his calendar. You would be surprised to hear how excited he is, and wants this to be a very successful meet. Let's make this HUGE! :blob:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Still wish-n I could go :mope: I'm affraid there wont be any OUTLOOK's to represent!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
6Sixathome said:
Still wish-n I could go :mope: I'm affraid there wont be any OUTLOOK's to represent!
Crap, I see Outlooks all over the place in my area.....guess NONE of them are on this forum?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wouldn't be able to make it unless it was part of a camping trip.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just bumping this topic up to see if there's any new interest. Still, no Outlook forum members coming. I've had a lot of interest on the other 3 Lambda forums, just still hoping someone(s) from here will come to represent the Outlook, since all of your Outlooks were built there, regardless of the fact they aren't now. :'(

EDIT: Please contact me in a PM if you want to go, in addition to this thread if you please, just for my records. Hope to spark more interest in this tour/forum meet. Thanks!

EDIT 2: Times for the tours will be 10Am, and 1PM on June 25th, again...please contact me to save a spot(s) for the tour.

·
Registered
161 Posts
09Enclave,

Can't see not having the Outlooks represented at this LAMBDA plant tour so tentatively count me and my wife in on this tour. Last car assembly plant tour we took was about 6 years ago...saw the C5 Corvettes put together in the Bowling Green, KY assembly plant. Looking forward to seeing this. PM w/b sent momentarily.

Regards,

Jim
In God We Trust!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
COCOATAN09XR said:
09Enclave,

Can't see not having the Outlooks represented at this LAMBDA plant tour so tentatively count me and my wife in on this tour. Last car assembly plant tour we took was about 6 years ago...saw the C5 Corvettes put together in the Bowling Green, KY assembly plant. Looking forward to seeing this. PM w/b sent momentarily.

Regards,

Jim
In God We Trust!
Sounds great! Hopefully we will get some more Outlooks for representation.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looking forward to this. You know, maybe, just maybe, other Outlook owners who frequent here and are on the fence just might jump on the bandwagon. Be a pleasure to put a handle with a face.

Regards,

Jim
In God We Trust!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
COCOATAN09XR said:
Looking forward to this. You know, maybe, just maybe, other Outlook owners who frequent here and are on the fence just might jump on the bandwagon. Be a pleasure to put a handle with a face.

Regards,

Jim
In God We Trust!
Welcome to the plant tour, COCOATAN09XR! Thanks for being brave to be the first from the Outlook forum to be added to the list of attendees for the first Lambda meet, and Delta assembly plant tour. Look forward to seeing you there. Here's the updates I posted yesterday on the other Lambda forums. Now, since you are coming, I'll post it here, and maybe, like you said, it might spark interest for other Outlook members. Just so it's clear, owning any Lambda vehicle means you are in the select group of owners, regardless if it's a Saturn, Chevy, GMC, or Buick. Lambda vehicles are one in the same, even if they all have little "personality" differences, they still came down the same assembly line, and are realated. (just had to say that, because I know there could be Outlook owners who are dissapointed Outlooks are not currently being built.) Well, enough about that.....here's the details:

Just a quick update for those who don't know, and for those who've been PM'ing me, read thru all this info to make sure you have all the details:

Times for the tour: 10AM 9AM and 1PM (please let me know what time you want, and how many in your party, if you haven't already done so, in order to reserve a spot(s))

Delta Assembly Plant address:
8175 Millett Highway
Lansing, MI 48917
(meeting in the visitor center shortly before tour begins)
No high heels or open toed shoes are allowed in the plant.

If you need the hotel information, please PM me so I can send all that info to you.

Here's who's coming, confirmed, as of 5-10-10, and no. in each party:

c traz (Enclave) 2
Family Truckster (Enclave) 2
ICEWOZ (Enclave) 1
IMHIP2 (Enclave) 1
JBNBMDSN (Enclave) 2
johns560 (Acadia) 3
Kidsenclave / 09Enclave (Enclave) 1
odypilots (Traverse) 1
Quantum (Traverse) 3
Rtolhurst (Enclave) 2
Step Forward (Acadia) 3
Tiestosteele (Traverse) 2
vanguard (Enclave) 1
COCOATAN09XR (Outlook) 2

Here's others who've said they want to come, but perhaps have not confirmed with me a no. in their party, or have said they cannot commit at this time. But, these are still on my list, and hopefully all the following can be there as well:

Adam (Acadia)
Admin (Acadia)
MingGoBlue (Enclave)
Redvett (Enclave)
Silverado02 (Acadia)
Sunkahlua (Acadia)
Travelingman (Traverse)

If I missed anyone, or if your name is on here and you know you are not coming, let me know.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A week away now!

FYI: The morning time tour had to be changed to 9:00AM because the plant changed the lunch hour for the employees, so they asked if we could move up the time. :facepalm: All the 10AM people have been contacted, I sent out PM's and e-mails two days ago (when I heard of the change). Just posting this on the thread for those who might still want to come, but haven't confirmed with me yet. If you want to come, and haven't let me know yet, please do so quickly. The 9AM time is pretty much full, but 1 or 2 more might be OK. There's still several spots open for the 1PM.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
09Enclave said:
A week away now!

FYI: The morning time tour had to be changed to 9:00AM because the plant changed the lunch hour for the employees, so they asked if we could move up the time. :facepalm: All the 10AM people have been contacted, I sent out PM's and e-mails two days ago (when I heard of the change). Just posting this on the thread for those who might still want to come, but haven't confirmed with me yet. If you want to come, and haven't let me know yet, please do so quickly. The 9AM time is pretty much full, but 1 or 2 more might be OK. There's still several spots open for the 1PM.
Still wish that I could go (work :angryfire:).09, thanks for putting this together for the Lambda owners, A plant tour will be 8). COCOATANXR, if you would'nt mind maybe ask around while you are on the tour and see if they have any OUTLOOK parts sitting around like 20" wheels and NAV units for your buddy 6 ;).

1 - 20 of 36 Posts